Under arm fungus

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Under arm fungus

I have read the thread regarding this. I have it under my left arm. It has been diagnosed by 2 doctors as such. I have tried pills-- for ten days and once a week and a few different creams as well as home remedies which tending to burn like hell. Any suggestions?

This discussion is related to Underarm fungus.
For confirmation whether it is a fungal infection, you need to get a KOH examination of the skin scrapings done and fungal culture of these scrapings. Most cases of fungal infections respond to over-the-counter products, which contain any of several basic ingredients: miconazole, tolnaftate, terbinafine,ketaconazole and clotrimazole. You can consult a pharmacist and get any cream or lotion containing these ingredients. If the symptoms persist then please get it evaluated from a dermatologist.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.
Try Vick's VapoRub. It works for athlete's foot which is also a fungus. This is what my doctor told me to use when I got the itches between my toes. It works.
Thank you for taking the time to post .I am happy to say that a third doctor recommneded the same thing but suggested I try Clotrimazole AND Betamethasone Dipropionate as a final effort before going to the dermatologist. This is the first thing that is IMMEDIATELY working after months of trial and error. Previously I tried home remedies which tended to burn excessively, Fluconazole for ten days along with clotrimazole cream. The ten day treatment got me half way there but the first Doc didn't want to re-fill--told me to try desatin (sp?) and LITERALLY had no other suggestions. The second Doc put me on the pills once a week along with Nystatin with a two week follow-up. It didn't help in the least. You know the rest. That's my story with what looks to be happy ending! Thank you, T