Dermatology Expert Forum
Under eye skin bumps

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Under eye skin bumps

Years ago I started getting these little bumps under my eyes that were more noticeable (I can see more of them)when I pulled down the skin.  Then,ten years ago I was diagnosed with Hyperaldosterism.  The endocrinologist said the lumps were a symptom ( not cholesterol or calcium deposits or skin tags- I can't think of the name she used)of the adrenal gland tumor.  She said nothing could be done to get rid of the lumps. I was hoping that you would know what these are and if now, years later, if there is a way to get rid of them or to treat them so they are less noticable. A couple are even on the outside of my eyelids. They don't itch, bleed or secrete anything.   They are lumped together but not on top of each other,and they are only around and  under both eyes area- regular skin color but not even a make up concealer stick hides them and I am very self conscious and it seems more are there. I am on aldactone to control the disease. Any insight?  Thanks
The most common little bumps women get under their eyes are cysts or else syringomas, another form of benign cyst.  I don't know of any association with hormone abnormalities.  

Although somewhat challenging to eradicate, these cysts do respond to electrosurgery (cauterization) or laser treatment.  They may recur, but a touch-up treatment every now and then may be all that's needed.

I therefore advise you to contact a dermatologist with an interest in cosmetic work and ask about the feasibility of removing them if they bother you.  I think your hormone status is probably irrelevant to this.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
I have developed tiny white bumps under my eyes.  There were only one or two a couple of years ago, now there are more, about 7 or 8.  They are now under both eyes as before they were only under one.  What are they & how do I treat them?  Also, is it a vitamin deficiency of some kind causing this?
I had one of those under my eye and always tried to pop it but nothing would come out.  SO, I took thread and tied it around the bump and just ripped it off and there is no mark left.  I wouldn't recommend doing that though.
I also have "little bumps" under my eyes. I first noticed them after the birth of my first child. If you have it at an early age (20s), you most likely will have more as you get older. I am now in my 40s. I saw a dermatologist 10 years ago and he removed the obvious ones by "burning" them. I think he used an electric needle but I cannot remember. I believe the bumps under my eyes are called syringoma. I plan to have them removed later this year using either carbon dioxide laser ablation or erbium laser. Unfortunately, there is no way of preventing the growth except to have them removed every 5 to 10 years depending on your severity. Good luck!
I am trying to figure out why I have recently began tiny little bumps at the edge of my left top eye lid. They come one at a time and are very tiny. They lay on my eyelid right under my eyelashes and right against my eye. If I look up my eyeball actually rubbs the little bump and itches. Once I popped one accidentally when I rubbed it with my finger and it flattened a bit as if it had been emptied of fluid. What could this possibly be?
A related discussion, Light bump on skin around eyes was started.
A related discussion, - was started.
A related discussion, Bumps under eye on bone was started.
A related discussion, bumps under, around my eyes was started.
A related discussion, How to I get rid of these little bumps under my eyes was started.
A related discussion, bumps under skin around eyes was started.
A related discussion, eye bumps was started.
Hi I have the same bumps under the eyes I have been to a dermatologist and said it was hereditary but no one in my family has it, I don't like the way they look either I can't hide them its like clusters of them and they are skin tone. I have another appt w the dermatologist in june for a second opinion...please post your progress w it.  
Hi I'm Casey, I'm a 19 year old girl and I get those bumps as well. I just pop them! It hurts a little worse then a pimple but they disappear for a while. And I only do one at a time. I had one huge one on my eye lid when I was in elementary school till I was 12 and started noticing my looks and popped it. And have been since. It's really not that embarrassing at all. I think some are like beauty marks.  Dot em brown. Lol no reason to be self-conscience
A related discussion, I have these white bumps below both eyes was started.
A related discussion, lil white bumps was started.