Under thse skin itch on foot

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Under thse skin itch on foot

I get severe itching under the skin of my foot.  Are there any remedies for this?  It wakes me up in the middle of the night and no matter how much I scratch it, it takes awhile before it calms down and I can get back to sleep.  It also happens other times of the day as well.  What can I do for this?

I cannot confirm anything without examination but it can be due to contact dermatitis, sweat dermatitis or fungal infection(tinea pedis)of the skin of the feet.

Keep your feet dry and apply zinc oxide based diaper rash ointment. Most cases of fungal infections respond to over-the-counter products, which contain any of several basic ingredients: miconazole, tolnaftate, terbinafine,ketaconazole and clotrimazole. You can consult a pharmacist and get any cream or lotion containing these ingredients. If the symptoms persist then please get it evaluated from a dermatologist.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.