Underarm Rash or Fungus
I am 60 years old and in good health.  This last month I have noticed a large dark, discolored patch of skin under my right arm.  It is 4" x 6" in size.  There are days that it is iritable and I want to scratch it.  The urge to scratch is progressively increasing.  I use underarm deodorant rarely; once or twice every six months.  I have applied hydrogen peroxide and neosporin.  Neither seems to help.
You have fungal infection.Try candid creme.

It sounds like pityriasis versicolor. It is a common skin infection caused by the yeast Malassezia furfur. This skin disease commonly affects adolescents and adults, especially in warm and humid climates.
Treatment involves topical and oral antifungal medicines. Most cases of fungal infections respond to over-the-counter products, which contain any of several basic ingredients: miconazole, tolnaftate, terbinafine,ketaconazole and clotrimazole.You can consult a pharmacist and get any cream or lotion containing these ingredients. Some of them are Lamisil, Monistat derm, Mycelex, and Nizoral.

In case the symptoms persist then pls consult a dermatologist.

I hope it helps. Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional doubts. Kind regards.

Thank you very much for the information.  I have started on an over-the-counter ointment containing the ingredient clotrimazole.