Underarm Rash

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Underarm Rash

I recently had a problem with a ringworm (Athlete's Foot) infection on my foot that went to my inner thigh. These passed with the treatment of some Lotrimin AD (anti-fungal creme) and haven't come back, however shortly afterward I got this red rash in both of my underarms. It's rather large in my right (about 1 inch across, three inches long) but the left one is small (1 inch by 1 inch). Both itch, and if I put deodorant on them it burns pretty bad. When I was them, and dry them off, the skin has a glossy sort of look to it. I've had it for about a month now, tried the rest of the Lotrimin but it hasn't gone away.

I picked up a anti-fungal powder spray at Wal-Mart thinking the creme didn't work because (I assume it's ring worm, but think I'm wrong now) it stayed too wet in such a confined area. The powder burns -very- badly when I apply it, but gets rid of the itch (So did the creme).

Any idea if this is just extremely stubborn ringworm or could it be something else?

(I don't shave my arm pits, and I've used the same deodorant for three years, so I don't think it's allergies. My soaps have all stayed the same (and if it was soap I assume I would break out all over rather than in such a localized area).
bump