Dermatology Community
Underarm infection
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Underarm infection

The infection started as little itchy red bumbs under my right underarm. Then as a week or so went by it got all swollen an red. I dont know what to do or what to think! Any help?

This discussion is related to Underarm skin infection?.
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I had a problem with severe itchy red bumps under my arms a few years ago, I was miserable not knowing what it was, and was finally able to associate it with my stick deodorant.  As long as I use a spray deodorant I have no problems.  Hope this helps you!!
Blank
Hi,

This could be an irritation, infection or intertrigo. In particular, intertrigo  is an irritation of touching skin surfaces in body fold regions (armpits, under the breasts, belly, buttocks, groin, and sometimes between fingers or toes). It can be worsened by any conditions causing increased heat, wetness, and friction. It may also be complicated by superficial skin infection with yeast or bacteria. Redness and breaks in the skin may be observed. The area may also ooze or be sore or itchy. A bacterial, fungal, or viral infection may develop at the site of broken skin due to the inflammation. Regularly cleanse the affected area gently with mild soap substitutes and keep the areas dry and exposed to the air. If not, absorbent cotton or fabric, as well as absorbent powders, may help.  If it persists, have this evaluated further by your dermatologist for proper management. Take care and keep us posted.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Control Emotional Eating with this ...