Underarm odor
I'm 42 years old and struggle with underarm odor. I've tried several different deodorants, and as I try them they will work for me maybe two weeks or a month. But the odor continues to come back even though I'm still wearing deodorant. i have to continually wash my underarms throughout the day and reapply deodorant. Could this be an internal problem or do you have a suggestion on a deodorant that I can use, or a remedy that will help me combat this embarasing problem.
Is there excessive sweating present? There are some cases where people think they have underarm odor yet they are the only ones who can smell it. If the odor is real, this can be attributed to Bromhidrosis, a chronic condition in which excessive odor emanates from the skin. This is determined by bacterial decomposition of apocrine gland secretion.  Conservative measures, which aim to reduce bacterial flora and maintain a dry environment may help.The use of antiperspirants or aluminum chloride is beneficial if there is presence of excessive sweating. Regular shaving of axillary hair also prevents the accumulation of sweat and bacteria on the hair shafts. You can also  use topical antibiotics and antiseptic soaps to limit the growth of contributory bacteria. In some cases, electrolysis might also be considered for hair removal to minimize bacterial growth. Omission of certain foods such as curry spices, onions, garlic, and alcohol may also help. You can read more about this through this link:  http://www.emedicine.com/derm/TOPIC597.HTM

Occasionally,  this can be due to some metabolic abnormalities. It would be best to see a dermatologist or internist to rule this out. Take care and keep us posted.