Unexplained, constant itching, no rash, on face, head, neck, chest.
For the last five months, I've experianced increasingly more and more itching. It started on my face and ears and has progressed over the months to my head, neck (front and back), chest, breast, stomach and armpits. Every test that they've run has come back negative. I don't have a known autoimmune disease, or signs of cancer (I have a family history). My red blood count came back abnormal and my white cell count is elevated. My ANA screen was elevated as well. Please! Anyone know what this could be. I've seen a PCP, Hematologist, Gastroenterologist, Rhuematologist. Next will be a Dermatologist. I'm losing my mind, making my self bleed and its only getting worse. I've tried Prednisone, antihistamine medications, currenly trying Zyrtec as a suggestion. Can anyone help me to find out what is wrong? Or point me in the right direction?
My itching comes from Celiac disease and the absorptive issues it causes.  Digestive problems often cause skin problems.  

Alternatively your city could have added ammonia to your water supply.  You can buy a water filter that takes out both ammonia and chlorine, but most water filters don't take out ammonia (chloramine).  
I am having the same problem i itch from my head right down to my toes. I use E45 itch relife cream which does help for a short time. Apply it twice a day usually after i have a bath and again before i go to bed. I also take citirizine. I dont think it helps much but i still take it. They both can be brought over the counter. I had a skin biopsy done which i havnt yet received the results for. When you go to dermotologist ask for one and it might lead to some answers for you. I know how painfull itching can be. I have new sores from it everyday and its agony. All the best