Unexplained 3 inch bruise with a lump on my calf
I was at work as an electrician, and at the end of the day i had a massive bruise on my calf that was about 3 inches in diameter with a hard lump in the center. This has happened a few times before, but this was the first time i am sure there was no trauma involved. I know im in the squatting position for a few hours a day and was wondering if it had something to do with poor circulation? I dont have health insurance so im not going to go spend a few hundred on blood coagulation studies. If anyone has any ideas on what could be causing these huge bruises, please let me know. Thanks
Such bump with a bruise can be due to boil, erythema nodosum or if the redness has appeared after some trauma, then it can be due to cellulitis. Erythema nodosum is an important possibility.It results in reddish, painful, tender lumps most commonly located in the front of the legs below the knees.

Diagnosis is by physical examination and biopsy of the lesion. Other lab investigations like complete blood count, ESR,ASO titer, urinalysis, throat culture, intradermal tuberculin test, and chest x-ray may also be done.

I would recommend a physician/dermatologist’s evaluation. Treatment depends on the confirmation of diagnosis.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.