Unexplained Discoloration

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Unexplained Discoloration

Last week I found a discolored spot on the bottom inner side of my left breast.  I thought it might be a bruise, as it is brownish-yellow in color, but it hasn't gone away and doesn't hurt.  There also seems to be some dry skin around it, but that might be because I thought it might be dirt and tried to wash it.  Any information would be helpful because I am not currently in the state through which I have insurance.  Thank you
One possibility is of a bruise if there is any history of trauma prior to this. The other possibilities are of erythrasma and herald patch of pityriasis rosea. Pityriasis rosea is a common human skin disease which presents as numerous patches of pink or red oval rash. The herald patch is the first patch and is usually found on trunk.

Erythrasma is a chronic superficial infection of the folds of skin like under the breasts, groins etc. the typical appearance is well-demarcated, brown-red macular patches. The skin has a wrinkled appearance with fine scales.
I suggest you to get it examined from a dermatologist and get the diagnosis confirmed. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.