Unexplained Rash on Thighs, Armpits, and Arms

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

I've had a rash appear over night initially on my thighs and on my elbows and then the next day spread to my arms, hands, and armpits as well.  I have no clue to the cause of this rash.  The rash appears red and blotchy with a constant itch that is lessened by taking an allergy medication.  This rash has not spread to anywhere else on the body, and does not appear on the genitals or my shins and calves, even though my genitals are in direct contact with the infected skin and my lower legs has seen as much exposure to the elements and much more than my thighs or armpits have.  Does anyone have a clue to the cause of this rash?

It could be eczema, sweat dermatitis, allergic reactions or eczema.

You need to wash the areas several times with fresh water. Do not use any cosmetic products at the sites.

Apply calamine lotion at the site of the lesions and see if it helps. You could take some oral antihistamine medications like cetrizine or loratadine. You need to maintain a good personal hygiene .

Anti-itch drugs, often antihistamine, may reduce the itch during a flare up of eczema, and the reduced scratching in turn reduces damage and irritation to the skin.

For mild-moderate eczema a weak steroid may be used (e.g. hydrocortisone or desonide), whilst more severe cases require a higher-potency steroid (e.g. clobetasol propionate, fluocinonide).

You should also start some diet plan and exercise training to help you lose weight.

Eczema can be exacerbated by dryness of the skin. Moisturizing is one of the most important self-care treatments for sufferers of eczema. Keeping the affected area moistened can promote skin healing and relief of symptoms.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eczema

Let us know if you need any further information.

It would be advisable to consult a skin specialist for your symptoms and a proper clinical examination.

Let us know if you need any other information and post us on how you are doing.

Regards.
My mother and father are both in the medical field, one being a registered nurse and the other being a chiropractor, and both their opinion is that it isn't eczema for sure.  Also, I have no history of sweat dermatitis; by occupation I get very sweaty everyday. If sweat dermatitis was the issue in my parents opinion, I would have had issues with it before in the past.  Which rules that more than likely it was an allergic reaction.  What are some ways that I can find the source of my reaction, so that I can avoid any more contact with the element?  

My rash has also finally started to show visual signs of drying up slightly.  It has been four days since I've seen the first visual symptoms.  Also the night before the sign of any rash I was feeling ill and was throwing up acutely along with diarrhea the first day of visual symptoms.  I also have been dealing with much stress too, due to things happening in my personal life if that has anything to do with it.  I hope that aids you if any has any further help for me.