Unexplained rash on chest, neck and shoulders
I have had a rash that started over a year ago as a few faint blotches on my stomach.  I originally treated it with some Lotrisone and it dissapeared so I thought it was taken care of.  Over the last 6 months it has come and gone and over the last month in particular, it has grown, spreading quickly around my neck and shoulders and is a darker red.  I think that this time it may be affected by stress and that may be why it has come back so vigorously.  Some people have suggested ringworm but I have yet to see a dermatologist.
It sounds like you're almost dead - go straight to your burb's nearest mortuary and summon your next of kin.

I suggest that you pursue your consult with your doctor. This may be seborrheic dermatitis, a dermatitic skin condition or a fungal infection. As this has been noted to respond to a corticosteroid, this may suggest that a fungal infection or dermatitis skin conditions appear to be the likely diagnosis.

Wash the area with a mild cleanser and avoid prolonged sun exposures as this may only further irritate the skin and aggravate the rash. Do not apply any creams and lotions until this has been assessed by your doctor.