Unexplained scratches appearing on body
I am really puzzled by this strange problem I am having.

Superficial scratches are randomly appearing on my body, usually on my abdomen or chest (front-side).

These scratches are almost always about two-three inches long and there are usually two or three of them separated by about an inch.  They are always roughly parallel to one another.  They are exactly as if a cat has scratched me (I have no pets).  Since the scratches are quite superficial, they tend to heal quickly within two or three days.

I don't have fingernails to speak of, and I don't sleep with feather pillows or comforters/duvets, so there's no way they can show up in my sleep.

My number-one worry is that these scratches could be related to an internal affliction - even though they're rather superficial, is there any chance they could be indicative of a more serious illness?

I've tried searching around on the Internet, but everything I find suggests supernatural causes, which I DEFINITELY don't buy into.

Any help/advice is much appreciated.
i am suffering from the same scratches long and short on arms and legs i dont sleepwalk and am getting it since two months
i am suffering from the same scratches long and short on arms and legs i dont sleepwalk and am getting it since two months nd same feeling of sumones presence nd m forgetting hell lot of things nd cant sleep i see stupid things nd things going on in mah head i wake up every hour
Walking with my disease brother in a dream when we came across a strange animal that looked like a cat. I warned him the animal looks dangerous. Then it looked to me and attacked me on my left side of my back. The next day in the afternoon I felt I constant brining sensation on my back. When I looked there were 4 long thin lines that were over 30cm long. The lines were crossing my back in a downward direction.
I took a photo and showed a family member.
For years this was happening to me but this time it was the longs scratch marks.
Many times I will feel an animal jumping on to my bed when a go to sleep. I sleep alone and have no animals in my flat. It follows me on my holidays. In the beginning of the year I was badly scratched on my face and the back of my neck.
Similar story... Last week whilst in the bath I noticed that both ankles were covered in tiny scratches. All more or less vertical and all approximately 1cm long. There must be 50 on each ankle within an area of approximately 2 inches wide by 3 inches high. They appeared to be partially healed. I have absolutely no idea where these came from and they do not seem to have healed much further in 5 days. It's totally bizarre. What's even weirder is that my friend had stayed over the night before and the following morning asked my to check her back as she had woken in the night with the feeling that something was clawing at her back. There were no matks though to see. I don't believe in a lot at all but this has totally creeped me out! X
i have recently experinced these symptoms i showed my mum and she said it was most likely the cat about 5 minutes later she said show me again and there was no more scratches then she had the same scratches on her someone please tell me what the f*** this is
hey, i have this same problem. wanna email me about me?
a couple years ago i discovered 3 deep long scratches on my back. there is no way i could reach and make them as long as they were. nor as deep as they were with just my fingers. not to mention no blood. this was 3 years ago they're scars now not as long but still very visible. can anyone explain this? or has anyone had the same experience?
Same here.  Trust me, it is spiritual.  I'm not religious at all but I've had symbols and letters appear and disappear in the mirror while my wife (a medical practitioner) and I are watching.  Not sure what it all means but I began doing research and found that others have experienced the same things, exactly.  I've taken pictures and they showed up fine (to include the golden orbs that sometimes float about the room while it happens.

I have found one way to avoid the scratches, but it's not much better...put the tips of your fingers in ash or something really black like charcoal dust and the 'writing' on your skin will be in that substance and not scratches.  That's all I've got.  Best...
the marks are really annoying.... mine use to appear and sometimes it doesn't... but I noticed if am in my sisters house the mark appears everyday and on all part of my body. sometimes even my face. a friend told me it's spiritual, but my mom said it's not, dat she got the scratches when she was young too. but it later stopped.
i m still getting those scratches even after so many months. and doctors on this site are suggesting me few diseases names .i googled thier images they are nt at all what am suffering of...what to conclude?
I have the same story  I had scratches on me thigh when I woke up in the morning  I got scratch on my thigh one long and the one the is short next to each other. I can't figure it out how I had scratch in there I had short nails is there's no way to scratch self ,before I went to sleep in night I took a shower and I don't c any scratch in there or burning in that part and went to sleep then when I woke up I went to the toilet next time I knew I felt burning in there when I looked at it is and two scratch like cat scratch I don't even have no pets how really that happen! Couple months before that's  happen I found my 3 months old daughter under the crib I was freak out when I woke up I didn't found her next to me in the bed I turn the lights on I look her from the bathroom everywhere and when I look under the crib she's in there sleeping so good I was so scared I grab her right away., I really don't know how that happen because she's only 3 months old she could crawl or when she fell in the bed I didn't heard her she's cried.... Please anybody help me here I need an answer!
Look into scabies, dematographism, and morgellons (not just the Wikipedia article on Morgellons).
Alicia I've just ordered Happy Jack dip.  Could you share how to dilute it. My son and daughter-in-law are welcoming their first baby, my first grandchild in a couple of months and I want to make sure that I can get rid of this scourge before my grandbaby arrives.  My home is thoroughly cleaned, I don't understand how I may have become infected, except that I work in an office where we assist people from all walks of life and we recently had a bed bug outbreak.  
My little niece, 8 years old, needs your help please.  She was diagnosed with “a variety of herpes virus, maybe shingles” back in September, and was very ill with lots of pain and a rash.  For the last 3 months, since late October, she has been suffering from spontaneous bleeding and unexplained splits/cuts/scratches - whatever you like to call them- ever since having the flu jab. The condition started the day after the flu vaccination, when my niece told her Mum that her finger tips "were going to explode" - each finger started bleeding soon after.  This was followed, over the next few days, by bleeding from her toes.  Ever since then, she has been experiencing splits in her skin.  These 'scratches' appear mainly on her legs and arms, but have also been on her tummy, her back and on the back of her neck.  This week they have started on her face.  the She knows exactly where the 'scratches' are going to appear - my sister has taken lots of photos of each stage - redness followed by splitting skin. These scratches are nearly always a series of three very straight parallel lines, very narrow - as if done by a pin - very close together, usually about 3 - 4 " long.  My niece is just a little girl, and is extremely frightened, because no-one seems to be able to help her; she is also in great pain and feeling terribly ill.  Last week she temporarily suffered a terrible spasm and lost all movement in her arms and legs – it gradually came back over the course of the night. My sister has taken her to numerous doctors and specialists, but no-one knows what it is. She has had the whole spectrum of blood tests for everything from leukaemia/platelets/ vasculitis/Lupus/Lyme disease/red and white cell counts -- everything -- all have come up negative.  This, of course, is good news, BUT no-one can tell us what IS causing the 'scratches'.  She is definitely NOT self-harming - my sister has even tried to replicate the marks on herself and can't do it.  These incidents of skin-splitting have happened at home, at school (on the couple of days she's been well enough to go), in the car and also at my Mum's house. There is just no way this bright, funny, clever little girl could do this. The condition improved slightly when our doctor prescribed steroids - 5 days after the first pills, the bleeding stopped and my niece felt much better.  The doctor wants to get her off steroids ASAP though, and every time the dosage is reduced, the bleeding starts again - this week she has gone down to one pill, and the splitting/scratches has started on her face - something that hasn't happened before.  This week she has also had blisters appearing on her body - my sister says it looks like the herpes virus rash my niece had before  (My niece was diagnosed with shingles in early autumn - before she had the flu vaccination -- is there a connection?????).  I am really hoping someone out there can help us.  I am particularly interested in talking to anyone who has experienced similar "scratches" -- have you had shingles and/or another form of the herpes virus?   Have you had the flu jab?  Have you had swine flu? (My niece had swine flu 3 years ago - can the virus lie dormant???) Have you had allergic reactions to the flu jab?? Does anyone know of any link between the flu and herpes viruses???  Has anyone contracted shingles since having the flu virus, or heard of the flu vaccine ‘triggering’ shingles.  Do you know of any evidence of these 'scratches' being a symptom of the herpes virus??  Do you know ANYONE who can advise us?? We are desperate for ANY help that ANYONE can give us.  My niece is so scared that yesterday she actually asked my sister “Am I going to die, Mummy?” Thank you for reading this.
Kind regards, Janie
Lookinto scabies, Morgellons.  Sounds like some sort of infection or parasite.
hi i am ryan i am 14 and as i got home from school and sat down to watch youtube for a while i noticed a very painful looking razor cut with the blood dryed i would of felt it and i have memorys as a kid of a small demonic dark creature being in my room still not sure if it was a dreem i have recently moved 3 times for normal reasons but ever since i moved i have had no dreams what so ever can you please explain this
I'm having the same problem, I even have pictures to back it up (http://vulpes-roots.tumblr.com/tagged/mystery-rash)
They don't itch or hurt... they just appear. Why doesn't anyone know the answer to this? It's strange so many people are having the same problem.
Hi l"m sorry to hear about your niece.I am 63 and for about 7 years I have had a recurring itchy sore spot on my lower back.
My Dr. and I believe it is the herpes virus.I get horrific nerve pain on that Sid e before I get it.It ha s been twice this year.I also get scratches on my back and buttocks area.Very strange.I started to take vitamin b 12 as it is supposed to heal nerve and I haven“t had it as frequently.I hope you get some answers soon.Good luck.

There is NO WAY these are stretch marks! ...not even close.
You are absolutely 100% correct. I have had the same issues and your advice is on point. Most doctors will give a prescription for the permethrin if you tell them you've had the problem before and was cleared up by using permethrin. But if for some reason you get an idiot doctor or you just can't get to the dr office, then yes, by all means use the pet Happy Jack Kennel Dip and follow directions. It works just as well and costs less.
my sis have cuts on her arm n leg for no reason n they r painful plz tell me what's the reason of these cuts n why they appear on her body ...... is this serious disease ???
My sister keeps getting random scratches on her body, on her lower arm and one long thin scratch reaching all the way down her arm. She says she feels a burning sensation on her skin, and when she looks later, the scratches have formed. Is this the same with you? She's an English 17 year old.
I would really like to get those pictures from you. I think I might have the same thing as you do. Your email didn't show up on the post. I would really like too email you about it. Thanks
I have suffered from  the unexplained scratches for many years.  It comes from a problem with their adrenal gland.  I had Cushing Syndrome and several doctors could not figure out why I was having the symptom of "Unexplained Scratches on my limbs," bruising, rapid weight gain, insomnia and other symptoms.  I eventually was diagnosed with having a benign tumor on my Adrenal Gland that causes Cushing Syndrome.  After tumor was removed, I still suffer from the unexplained scratches at times, but it is after eating too much sugar.  The adrenal glands sit on top of your Kidneys. I have noticed when the scratches appear and feel that it is directly related to my diet. Kidneys and liver cleansing.  SUGAR and Stress is what is causing the scratches.  The diagnoses from the Cushing Syndrome calls it "Striae."  I am aware now that I do have another small tumor on my other adrenal that  may be causing the scratches but it is not sever and does not need removal at this time.  You need to see a Endocrinologist .  Here is the information that may help you •Cushing's disease, when the pituitary gland makes too much of the hormone ACTH. ACTH then signals the adrenal glands to produce cortisol. Tumor of the pituitary gland may cause this condition.
•Tumor of the adrenal gland
•Tumor elsewhere in the body that produces cortisol
•Tumors elsewhere in the body that produce ACTH (such as the pancreas, lung, and thyroid)  .  Nothing Paranormal.
http://www.medhelp.org/user_settings/verify_email/7966974?code=
See my post today.  
See my post today.

You need to see a Endocrinologist .  Here is the information that may help you •Cushing's disease, when the pituitary gland makes too much of the hormone ACTH. ACTH then signals the adrenal glands to produce cortisol. Tumor of the pituitary gland may cause this condition.
•Tumor of the adrenal gland
•Tumors elsewhere in the body that produce ACTH (such as the pancreas, lung, and thyroid)  .  Nothing Paranormal
See my other post today.
•Tumor of the adrenal gland
•Tumor of the adrenal gland
•Tumor of the adrenal gland
•Tumor of the adrenal gland
We had no idea when we moved to our house someone committed suicide in our bedroom. I wake up with rash-like scratches on my arm just around the wrist. I also took a photo in the house and to my surprise, a small man with light orbs were around him.   I am worried now.
Let me ask you, please do tell me how you know these things and I am very interested in where you get this information. I am not mocking you, but completely want to really know how you got this information. Thanks.
I recently just got three days ago 13 scratches along my hip thigh area on my body. I never got scratched by anything there I did not injure myself yet I got scratches that seemingly came out of nowhere.
I have the same mystery scratches issue. After a lot of looking around the web and finding only the oddly comforting same complaints as mine here I decided to look up parasites and skin scratches. I am betting what we are experiencing is parasitic. These little buggers attach themselves to humans unobserved by us in all sorts of ways through food we eat, dirty hands, sitting on bed in clothes we've worn in the street all day, failing to scrub/wash our skin daily, not thoroughly washing feet after a day in sandals, etc.-- all kinds of ways. So, you might want to look up some remedies by googling/binging "parasites and skin scratches,"  "itchy nose," (this is how I made the parasite connection). I am no doctor nor a medical pro, just an ordinary woman with a big interest in demystifying personal anomalies before invite the medical profession into the picture and make my situation worse.
I've got herpes and I have exactly the same cuts you people describe, I cant come up with any other explanation, im not exactly super messy either and I doubt very much that it is done by any bug or parasite or other stuff, I do have an old mattress in my bed so maybe a small chance of being like a parasite or something but I put my money on herpes causing these kind of cuts just not sure how  
Me too as I've noticed this the past 3 years where I get a scratch mark on either 1 of my arms or leg or finger. It happens around July - September for me. I leave my fan on to help my room be cooler and My floor bed has soft material with no feathers noticed.
Thank you. I appreciate the information you provided.  I hope it will help me. I have had unexplained scratches.  I am sensitive to sugar...not diabetic.  These scratches just started appearing about one month ago.  They dont go away unless I cleanse them with isopropyl alcohol on a regular basis.  They are not scabs.
I have the problem already to bite my nails, but beside that. Every morning I wake up with scratches on my back, 5cm aprox. Is kind of scary because it takes less than a day for despairing. Is just when I wake up and stay there for a couple of hours and then are gone!!!  
We do not have any pets, my wife is sleeping with gloves and I already change the mattress for a new one and the problem continues.
Can any one explain to me what is going on ?
I often wake up with sratches on my back,just thought some how I must have got my arms stretched over and caused it by my nails,did baffle me a bit as I've got very short nails and I found I could never stretch to the area when I was checking.
Reminded recently when I saw few scratches on my back again recently. Saw some bizarre comments re demons causing them.
Very weird but good to know. Not alone.
This is weird! I have being getting these scratches all over my body and they usually come in sets of two or three. I done much research and even slept in wrapped cling film yet the scratches were more severe and very deep. I tend to brush off any paranormal explanation how ever I cant explain how this can happen. This has been happening every other night for five years and scratches appear on random parts of my body vary in size and depth but always come in twos or threes. Since researching this subject i have become very open minded. After five years it has just become the norm and I just ignored it until I woke up with a very deep scratch on my foot bottom, this scared the hell out off me and I now pray every night and it has seemed to wear off. I have also been told it could be someone trying to get my attention. This is false, only bad spirits/demons would cause harm.
Some days before i had a single scratch on my right upper arm just the way people are describing(like a cat scratched).At the same time it was feeling like burning sensation all over the body(particularly superficial skin).
I drank 3 glasses of water afterwards and the burning sensation was gone right after.I think it is because of dryness of skin.
My medical prescription- Drink a lot of water!
Please try it and comment whether it works or not.
Hi ,
Sorry to read about your niece and hopefully she is OK by now . Pls check if she got bartonella .Pls google it for more details and a llmd may able to help.

Best wishes and hope she has already recovered.
Do you have pics of the Cushings scratches? My husband has these unexplained scratches
I woke up today with makes on my right upper arm  that look like cuts that have already healed there's a couple of thin ones and two thick ones with dots around the two of the thin ones and there's a small prefect circle I also do sleep walk and it wasn't there when I went to bed and nothing in my house would make those marks and when I woke up it was like a black out in my head I don't remember anything and I normally remember my dreams its weird does anyone know what it could be
o and it hurts and its hard underneath
The sad part to all of these mysterious scratches that appear on my chest, shoulder and back is that my fiance believes I'm having an affair and these scratches are caused by another woman in the heat of the passion.  I've told her over and over again that I cannot explain how these scratches got on me to no avail.  Help!
I have been experiencing body scratches for over a year now. I believe I know the cause of my problem though. This is very weird, however, I am fine until I get in the shower, after soaping up and rinsing off, I invariably develop scratches all over my body. These damn scratches are indistinguishable from cat scratches or the type one would sustain from a physical confrontation with a person possessing long nails. I guess it is an allergic reaction, however, one would think I was attacked!
I woke up 3days ago with a scratch on my right knee, the yesterday had on e, on my left wrist, and then today on my left finger, My dog recently had her nails cut short so its not from her, and I DONOT OWN a CAT.

I don't sleep walk. So what can it be?
I Have had cats all my life until Aug 2014 when she died, so all scratches before that time I have thought was from her. Almost always on hands and arms from playing.
However these cat claw like thin scratch marks keep appearing often 2 or 3 parallel ones sometimes a single one, they vary in depth and length, from feet to neck. I sometimes doesn´t discover them until I have a shower, when they are disclosed by the burning pain.(often on back where I cant see them). Last weekend I had three huge marks on my right thigh 2 parallel thin ones 6 inches, with a deep short diagonal one in between 2 inches , that freaked me out. (Have a photo of it) I don´t sleepwalk or have any other animals.
I have looked at photos from suggested diseases but no match. Could it be paranormal or some NEW form of morgellon disease  ?
I have same problem!!!! has any1 been able to get rid of these scratches? so over it had it for 5 years! please help!!
I have been getting these "scratch marks" for over 14 years now. Most of the time they are 2 or 3 parallel lines on my arms. Sometimes I get get them on my chest, back, neck and head.
I started logging this about 3 years ago. Here's a link to my youtube video that shows the scratches. http://youtu.be/5TzM65MdsVY
I believe its something on the paranormal front. Then again, 20 yrs. from now the medical community will come out and say that its a condition called "yada yada yada".
You are probably not to be worried

I have had razer thin , no catclaw is more like it .
I only discovered it after my cat died.
Itwas an explanation for as long as she lived.
Now I dont have any explanation, they apper on my back where I cant even reach, only reason I see them is because it burns in the shower
I wish someone could come up with answer to what this is
This is probably strongyloides stercoralis worm infection.
I have experience of both the fingertips and the scratches.
Are there rashes on buttocks, thighs, near bellybutton?
Your niece needs Ivermectin 200-300 mg /kg. for several days, see a tropical specialist doctor.
After that, she needs one dose once a week for the rest of her life or until antibodies are zero for at least ten years.
Have all worm antibodies checked.
She needs to use cream on her body and hands and to massage out any irritating tiny stuff from her hands.
Ask a lab to see what those are.
Wear gloves in the house, it is contagious.
Heat all clothes, sheets as hot as possible in a dryer. If not possible, at least iron. If you throw something away, make sure it is burned, as strongyloides can live in the earth. Throwing stuff away will not cure it, so best to heat everything instead. It is probably not possible to get totally rid of it but you must keep medicating to stay in normal health otherwise. You should not ignore it. Some people use veterinary pour-on ivermectin orally or topically. But as this is a child, under doctors supervision only. Avoid cortisons and steroids (even topical ones), which can make the illness serious.
Get Selamectin or ivermectin for pets.

Scabies can leave scratch marks too, those in the ankles, on fingers, or those composed of tiny red dots are probably scabies. Ivermectin and permethrine cream. Since it is hard to tell which it is, you may want to do permethrine cream too. See curezone for more info.
Thanks for your view of this problem couragegirl. I just had a look of "stercoralis worm infection" and its not it.
I woke up the other morning and noticed massive scratch marks on my back and stomach and don't know where they came from.  I do have pets but they don't sleep with me. I know it wasn't caused by me because as the morning went on I went to the Dr and noticed more scratches on my arm which I know I didn't even touch my upper arm. The Dr said they do look like scratches and I must of had a allergic reaction to something so gave me meds and sent me on my way.
I have been having the same thing happen to me. I feel a burning sensation around my ankle and scratches appear sometime later. I have no idea where they come from. It seems to take a long time for these scratches to heal. I'm 54 yo and this is the first time Ive ever experienced something like this,
Well , here are a few pics of one of "Zorro" shaped one, few days inbetween shots and a close up. Most of them have been smallerand thinner , this was quite extreme. Anyone have a clue of what could have caused them ?

http://postimg.org/image/qug5s9zm5/
http://postimg.org/image/y47nbh2c1/
http://postimg.org/image/6lr4n9v73/
on friday i didnt even sleep woke up with lik7 cross like scratches on me i know as much as yall do and its the same 3 nail scatch
hey could you help me solve this problem of mine i probaly help u to
I want help too.
But this is a mystery
If you could be more specific?
Maybe have a photo of it, like the ones I posted?
I'm so glad I've found other people but I'm abit freaked out! I have taken no notice of these scratches on my back for a long time. I noticed in the morning but thought I was scratching myself. But it has got so much worse that I can no longer excuse it away. My son took photos this morning after I could no longer sleep in my bedroom last night. They were thin scratches 3 or 4 in a row. In the photos I can see some longer ones that are now scars. They look & feel like animal scratches. I wake up itching my back often!
(I have had a thin long scar on my face since I was a little girl, but no one can remember it) coincidence, maybe? All I remember is lots of scary nightmares.
2 years ago I was visiting my sister's (Pentecostal) church & the Pastor said I had a tall man standing behind me & to come back to see him to clear it. I never went back. I have recently been back to the church as I have had lots of weird, bad stuff happening in my life & house in the past 2/3 years especially. So has my teenage son. ( We have no pets or anyone living in the house.)
I will try & post photos! Also I will speak to the Pastor as this does not seem to be medical????
Hi I can't see yr photos. Did u copy/paste?
I want to post mine too
Hi Janie, I have just recently found this page after I can no longer ignore my scratches on my back. They are getting worse. 3 parralell lines & lots of thin scars. I am 52 years old & have never had a flu jab or any vaccination in years except for chicken pox as my son got them about 4/5 years ago & my mother told me that I was never vaccinated. I have regretted it as I no longer believe vaccinations are necessarily a good thing. A little 4 year old girl has been permanently brain damaged 2/3 days after flu jab here in Perth. They recalled the vaccination & said it may have been a contaminated batch. Who knows what was in that batch or how many people were given it?! She is now practically in a vegetative state. Coincidence I'm not sure? However, pls read my post as I have had lots of bad unexplained things in my house & life so I am now going to bring in a Pastor to clear the house (or me!) I will keep posting. I hope yr niece is ok x
Cant you see my pics
http://postimg.org/image/qug5s9zm5/
http://postimg.org/image/y47nbh2c1/
http://postimg.org/image/6lr4n9v73/
I´m one of the few active in this forum,
I´m with you on this thing, completely agrre with
" I have just recently found this page after I can no longer ignore my scratches on my back."
My heart is with you in what you write, your from Perth Aussy?
I live in Stockholm, Sweden

I have had similar problems though not so severe! Just unexplained scratches and sores and red streaks that appear out of nowhere. One doctor told me it was from too much histamine in my body.  I now take 2 over the counter antihistamines a day, one every 12 hours, and the symptoms have been greatly reduced. Can't hurt to try.

Pls google for Bartonella  symptoms and images
Hi  there
I have used antihistamines during spring season since I´m allergic to a lot off grass and a few flowers. As far as I know this phenomena has nothing to do with histamines.
Symptoms[edit]
Main article: Strongyloidiasis-strongyloides stercoralisworm infection
Many people infected are asymptomatic at first. Symptoms include dermatitis: swelling, itching, larva currens, and mild hemorrhage at the site where the skin has been penetrated. Sopontaneous scratch-like lesions may be seen on the face or elsewhere. If the parasite reaches the lungs, the chest may feel as if it is burning, and wheezing and coughing may result, along with pneumonia-like symptoms (Löffler's syndrome). The intestines could eventually be invaded, leading to burning pain, tissue damage, sepsis, and ulcers. Stools may have yellow mucus with a recognizable smell. Chronic diarrhea can be a symptom.[9] In severe cases, edema may result in obstruction of the intestinal tract, as well as loss of peristaltic contractions.[10]
Also, a unique effect of autoinfective larvae is larva currens due to the rapid migration of the larvae through the skin. Larva currens appears as a red line that moves rapidly (more than 5 cm or 2 in per day), and then quickly disappears. It is pathognomonic for autoinfective larvae and can be used as a diagnostic criterion for strongyloidiasis due to S. stercoralis.

Treatment[edit]
Ideally, prevention, by improved sanitation (proper disposal of feces), practicing good hygiene (washing of hands), etc., is used before any drug regimen is administered.
Ivermectin is the drug of first choice for treatment because of higher tolerance in patients.[5] Thiabendazole was used previously, but, owing to its high prevalence of side effects (dizziness, vomiting, nausea, malaise) and lower efficacy, it has been superseded by ivermectin and as second-line albendazole. However, these drugs have little effect on the majority of these autoinfective larvae during their migration through the body. Hence, repeated treatments with ivermectin must be administered to kill adult parasites that develop from the autoinfective larvae. This means at least two weeks treatment, then a weeks pause, then again treatment. Follow-up treatment and blood tests are necessary for decades following infection.
Autoinfection[edit]
An unusual feature of S. stercoralis is autoinfection. Only one other species in the Strongyloides genus, S. felis, has this trait. Autoinfection is the development of L1 into small infective larvae in the gut of the host. These autoinfective larvae penetrate the wall of the lower ileum or colon or the skin of the perianal region, enter the circulation again, travel to the lungs, and then to the small intestine, thus repeating the cycle. Autoinfection makes strongyloidiasis due to S. stercoralis an infection with several unusual features.
Persistence of infection is the first of these important features. Because of autoinfection, humans have been known to still be infected up to 65 years after they were first exposed to the parasite (e.g., World War II or Vietnam War veterans). Once a host is infected with S. stercoralis, infection is lifelong unless effective treatment eliminates all adult parasites and migrating autoinfective larvae.
I've just seen yr photos. I completely think it's the same as mine. i will be more frequent on this forum now.( I also didn't know how to use it properly.) I can look back on my own situation now & say that bad has definitely been following any good in my life especially the last few years as I've grown spiritually,if you know what I mean?
Mine are all on my back and after sleeping. The more I feared it, the worse it got. I have been to church, been up front for healing. Spoke to a couple of people there (they didn't know what I was talking about so I dropped subject) they put me onto a Christian outreach org that especially deals with the paranormal & will make an appointment to talk & then come to your house. I have to call them back as they are very busy it seems. The women was nice but said there it's a lot going on & some very bad cases out there of all sorts of things! So I will keep you posted on how that goes. I am praying & remaining positive & calm. I have basically taken back my power & claiming good spirits to protect me. It has been working so far. Let me know how you are? we could look for some common threads?
This is not my situation at all. I had a long fine scratch on my face since I was a little girl, I was asked about it quite often. No one could explain it as my mum said she had no idea. It has faded to nothing but I can now look back & remember that this has been in my life for a long time. It has come back with a vengeance over the past few years & I can no longer explain it away. I have no other symptoms. None.
Gosh ..this sounds awful. My youngest daughter and I wake up quite often with long scratches on our bodies in places where we couldn't reach. My husband and eldest daughter have never experienced anything of the sort. Younger daughter has low platelets and an underactive thyroid. I've had shingles twice and we both have flu jabs every year. Husband and eldest daughter do not have any of these. It's such a mystery. These scratches hurt quite badly sometimes. I blamed my husband until daughter started with it too PLUS I had them when he was away too! So he's out of the firing line! Interesting and peculiar dilemma isn't it??  
I keep getting them , maybe once a week or so, different parts of my body. Seems happen mostly at night when I´m asleep, but recently I found one on my right forearm, looked like someone had pulled a razor blade over the very top layer of the skin. It had not penetrated deep enough to make blood visible, I took a a photo of it. Later it showed blood like it had dug deeper after some hours from top to bottom, very interesting.
By the way here is url for a guy on youtube with the same problem, I´ve made a couple of posts there as well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TzM65MdsVY&feature=youtu.be
Urticaria ...Dermagraphism ...pressure on the skin brings them out, do they itch and burn a bit ? are you on any meds as they can be a cause ..
If you ask me,I´m not familiar with what you mean by
'"pressure on the skin brings them out ? "
They never itch, they do sometimes burn , when Im in a shower.
Im not on any meds.
I've been having the same thing for years, long or short scratch-like striae usually straight sometimes curving, sometimes two or three in parallel on ankles, upper arms, and thighs. They come at night or in the shower after sleeping.  Here's what I think.  Dermagraphism is classically from touching, but this is a form of the same.  It is an autoimmune eruption triggered by prolonged pressure along wrinkle lines in bedclothes or in my case sometimes socks.  

I sleep in pj bottoms and a t-shirt and have sometimes noticed very similar markings except the skin is depressed and not broken, and obvious resulted from lying for hours on wrinkled t-shirt sleeves or pjs. One actual breakout obviously came from too-small athletic socks, right at the top where the elastic bit into the skin all day. I watched this one happen.  Years ago I searched for bedbugs, and used scabies medications several times.  I believe this is autoimmune, and in my case I'm pretty this is a form of dermagraphisms caused by lines of prolonged pressure from lying on wrinkled cloth.  
I would add that my explanation is consistent with the fact that in all the years I've experienced this, none of these scratches has crossed another one - if there is more than one they are always more or less parallel -never criss-cross.  I believe that's because even if cloth has multiple wrinkles, one is always on top of the others.  And they are not actually scratches.  I've watched them form under the skin and erupt, and although they have the appearance of a scabbed over scratch that bled a little, and are raised from the surrounding skin, they don't actually break the skin and bleed unless I do scratch them.  

This is speculative on my part but I would guess it's the abrupt pressure gradient from a slept-on wrinkle that causes the problem, possibly restricting the flow of blood to a line of cells, which then react allergically to a stimulus sometime later, often in the shower.  Another possibility is lichens linearis, but that may actually be only the clinical diagnosis given by some dermatologists for what I am describing as an auto-immune reaction to a prolonged pressure gradient against the skin.
Hi readers, I just found some new scratch marks today.
While eating lunch in office I suddenly felt some light burning pain on my left arm above my wrist.
And lo and behold there are those marks, see pic on this url  

http://postimg.org/image/dgsyhcmch/

I did'nt discover or felt them before lunch, which leads me to the conclusion that they must have appeared sometime around my lunch break.  I don´t work as a lion tamer, or lumberjack, no I have a desk job in front of a computer. A true mystery !?
Seems like more than a simple animal thats attacking you in your dreams and in your actually life. Have you ever thought about looking at the paranormal side to your experiences? You'll be surprised at what you can find.
It seems to be a paranormal interaction between you and an unknown anomaly that is making you think it's your deceased cat. I'm convinced it's not the cat and it's something more scary... If you think this is the base of your problem after trying to find a "cure" with your doctor and are still suffering from this, message me back and I'll be more than happy to help you out in the best possible way.
Congratulations! You, out of the millions of non-impacted people, have been chosen to be haunted. Strange anomalies can appear to you in your dreams, physical life, and can also show you their presence by harming you. The most common form of harm is of course, scratching. If you're sure it's a paranormal presence that can sometimes follow you from house to house, you should contact your local priest and/or paranormal investigator.
Be careful. Spirits like this hate life and will try to destroy any form of life in their reach. Also, they can get jealous of your happiness, that's why they try to take it away from you by making you worry about their ghostly presence. If you're religious, pray every morning and night, sprinkle holy water on yourself and others in your household and also in every single room. Also, people say burning sage and releasing its smoke all over your house is a form of spiritual cleansing which has been used for centuries. If these tips don't solve your problems, I suggest you contact your local priest to bless your house, in some cases, the best choice is to move out.
That's what mine look like.  You notice the two long "scratches" curve toward each other as if they are going to cross,  but one stops before they can intersect.  That's where the wrinkles on your pillowcase or sheets would have intersected, except that wrinkles never intersect, one folds under the other one.  Google "pressure urticaria".  That's what this is.  It can take hours to develop after the pressure that eventually causes some other irritant to trigger a release of histamines from mast cells.
I've been taking antihistamines for two weeks, and so far no "scratches", but web posts indicate that pressure urticaria doesn't respond well to antihistamines.  This blogger howerver has a very rational explanation  http://www.libertarianprepper.com/how-i-healed-my-chronic-idiopathic-urticaria/.  

There are other anecdotal reports of relief from urticarial using what's called an autoimmune paleo diet.  The paleo diet is based on the idea that we evolved as a species during the paleolithic era when all we ate were meat, fruit and vegetables.  It explains certain food allergies such as lactose and gluten intolerance.  My last scratch appeared a night when I'd eaten a pint of gelato, so maybe all that sugar is what did it.  

You mentioned these scratches you posted pictures of appeared while you were at lunch.  I wonder if you had a soda.   These are all just thoughts.  What I've been gathering is that although the physiological reaction that causes these problems is understood, the reason it appears in some people is not.
its called Dermagraphism ...I get it , comes and goes, very itchy..look it up you can actually write on your skin ...I had it a few years ago after dental treatment so I assumed it was from the drugs they used..It went away but now its back again after I took the anti biotic Bactrim .
Thanks for your comment.
If you can offer me help about this "unknown anomaly" as you describe it, I´m looking forward to be helped.
In my search for answers I have come across some  astounding ideas for explanations, maybe this phenomenon brings out something positive with it after all.I´m still Swedish so my way of writing in english micht confuse you
I can´t sleep so I might as well do another post in this forum about what I found out. Morgellons desase is not known by many, and even explained away as a delusional belief, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morgellons.
I suppose this phenomena could be related to Morgellons. And to Listen to what this man has to say if you dare
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j88BcgzzcTc
special interest groups have methods of causing such scratches on any person residing in the vicinity of their access points. What you guys should be discussing is your political and cultural opinions, to determine what you all have in common on this level - you may find that victims are chosen based on such parameters. no paranoia here - research for yourself
Please post a link.

>special interest groups have methods of causing such scratches
human problem is categorized into of three,which are :The physical, mental and spiritual. Unexplained scratches fall into the spiritual problems. And can only be solved by Spiritual therapy, .This include study and recitation of the bible. You can contact me on Facebook (Joan Orok)  . am a black woman. The others with the same name ate whites. Thanks
Please post a link about the others with the same name who ate whites.

>The others with the same name ate whites. Thanks

Request sent , from Andreas
Here's a real link for the mal-informed.  This is likely candida yeast.  I haven't had a single "scratch" since I ate all that gelato and then stopped eating sugar treats.  Now I'm off all sugar, grains except rice crackers, most starchy vegetables, dairy, essentially anything that can ferment except pro-biotic yogurt,  and no scratches - nothing.  I stopped taking antihistamines two weeks ago.  

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Allergy/Dermographism-Major-Improvement/show/598491
To conclude, those doctors are not worty
s for the url. Im in this forum to be serious about my condition.
I had the same thing last year.
I was baffled. In in the end it turned out i was scratching late at night (short finger nails and everything).
The cause. I had bed bugs. Worst 3 months of my life getting rid of them. But eventually we did and all the scratches stopped. Perhaps check for bugs ? they are very good at hiding. And there bites don't affect everyone, so other people in the bed/house might not be getting scratches. Bites don't always show up either.
p.s. they don't always hide in mattresses and they can move large distance to find some one to eat. they are just as common in a clean house as a dirty house.
Neither "self scratching" or bed bugs explains me getting those  scratches on my left  lower arm, at lunch time in office.

http://postimg.org/image/dgsyhcmch/
<Neither "self scratching" or bed bugs explains me getting those  
<scratches on my left  lower arm, at lunch time in office.

Delayed pressure urticaria is a recognized medical condition.  Those scratches look just like wrinkles on a pillowcase except they show up as an outbreak on your arm sometime later.  Try cutting out all sugar and refined starches.  You'd be surprised how many foods have sugar added, even soy milk.  Check the ingredients.  All jmho.

Well I thanks for your post however think your theory is ridiculous.
"delayed pressure urticaria" (DPU) after looking in to the subject I found out they do not cause bleeding scratches like mine, I actually couldn´t find any photo of "delayed pressure urticaria" causing bleeding at all.
It´s symptoms is "often painful swellings" I have had nor pain or swellings.
Another thing is that they don´t show up on your forarms or ankles.
Well you can take that attitude but the fact is I have the same condition and since I stopped eating sugar and then starches six weeks ago it has abruptly stopped. I also provided you links to other people's accounts of the same thing.  But rather than try it for yourself you post that it's ridiculous.  What's wrong with this picture?  It isn't that it doesn't work for you, it's that you called it ridiculous before you even tried it, even though it would cost you nothing.  Which tells me you are more interested in getting attention posting pictures on the internet or promoting belief in something supernatural than you are in getting better. I think doctors have a term for that too. ITo repeat, what's weird here is not that fixing your diet doesn't work for you, but that you would stoop to derision without even trying it despite no cost to you and anecdotal accounts of success.  Good luck with that.
Did you get Shingles, Herpes in recent years or within last 6 months. The virus could be associated with it and causing both white patches and cut on skin. Though the doctor may disagree to this but once your herpes infection is gone. This will subsidize (go)
Another month and still no scratches, which is a huge relief.  I look at the ingredients of every food I buy. No sugar, honey, corn syrup, etc., no more scratches.  In my case, I'm convinced this is something like a food allergy.  Links in my previous posts have medical explanations.  If you have this problem of waking up with unexplained scratches, try cutting all sugar and refined starches out of your diet.  It won't cost you anything, and who knows, it might even prevent you from getting diabetes. Hope it helps
I had the same thing happen to me i don't know how to explain it.
I am about to sound weird, but just try and believe me, i know those scratches,gat them before but not anymore, trust me, everything is not about science, so back to those scratches... Most of the times, they are usually three, long tin 3 scratches, Nw listen, they are caused by wall geckos, u r laughing right but yea, i said it. A WALL GECKO.. Since a cobra doesnt move from a spot but still, it prey looks for it, look at chameleon too, it changes color... So, why cant a gecko gat ability too.. Geckos gat 3 nasty abilities, i am an african(NIGERIA) guy, so, anything concerning cultural stuffs... We know it.
. So.. Back to what geckos love doing
1..they keep insects from bothering the house
2..the scratches
3...they keep you weak, making hard for you to get out of bed...

To stop the scratches, there's a gecko in your room.. Look for it and kill it, if u cnt find it, Sometimes they hides in the roof, call pest control... Fumigate your room or the whole house.... Change your bed position.... Stop sleeping naked... Learn how to pray.. If u cnt.... Just read psalm 23 bfor going to bed....
Just try it.... Wont cost you anything... If u wanna contact me, msg me on facebook (Horlumiday Samuel)
have you ever thought of getting a supernaturalist to look in to it ?? maybe you should consider it trust me your not crazy if you do there's things in this world people would never believe.
Another two months with no sugar and no scratches!  Twice I've gotten little "dings", a short scratch or two about an eight of an inch long, or quarter of an inch long.   But every time this has happened, I checked what I'd eaten the night before and sure enough, I'd bought some kind of pre-packaged food at the grocery store that looked healthy but turned out to have sugar listed in the ingredients.  
This is scaring the hell out of me :o 2 or 3 days ago I found a strange scratch on the right side of my shoulder I cant see it without a mirror And Just this morning I found a straight lined scratch on the right side of my rib cage , I tried scratching it off but that didnt work at all It just got redder and It creeped me out. Im very scared to find out what this might be.. But either way to be on the safe side Im going to go for a walk in to get some testing done.
one thing could be you just having very sensitive skin and you could've bumped into a side table if you have one next to your bed as you were sleeping, or perhaps you sleepwalk unknowingly. there's always a possibility.

I know you don't want to hear any of this, but there is always this small chance of something paranormal. trust me, they are real. as real as you are. I have seen my grandmothers spirit, and I've seen some thing in my old house and I believe it to be some sort of demon, but it never conflicted any sort of physical action that would harm me. it has made physical contact before but it didn't hurt me. but it's out there, so in my opinion, just to be on the safe side, get a priest to bless your house, it's for the best.
I just got diagnosed- had the same thing for years and couldn't understand it. Turns out it's the Herpes Virus- same thing (different type) that gives you cold sores on your lips. Stress brings it out. Nothing to do, if it get really bad, there is an ointment you can get a prescription for. I'm just happy I have an answer!
I would recommend getting a sage bundle from amazon and burn it throughout your house in every room read the lords prayer and this shouldn't happen again. You are either astro projecting or you have an entity that's simple to get rid of. But if it's an entity saved smoke should clear it. Most entities sees our "light" and tries to obtain it and ends up scratching us because they can't reach it. I've had the same happen to me waske with scratches and a pressure sitting at the foot of my bed. Sounds crazy but very true.

Please burn sage throughout your house especially your bed room and read the lords prayer. It sound crazy but I was having the same problem with something within at my feet after my husband gets up, but it doesn't anymore after the house cleansing. If you berlieve or not something is attracted to your light inside your body (soul). Don't be scared.
I have recently noticed scratched on my behind and no explanation how they got there. I have never had this happen.  It's been at least 3 days and not getting better.  Any suggestions
I have the same issue.  I have suspected everything.  It has been over a decade and maybe more with these cuts appearing.  I also have seborrheic dermatitis.  The flare ups of both seem vaguely related.  SD is caused by the malassezia yeast and its interaction with saturated fats produced by the skin in sebum, your skin's normal oil.  Regrettably, I have tried everything and nothing works well.  Ketoconazole and coal tar yield the best results on the SD.  But such things do not affect the cuts.  I remain unconvinced that the two symptoms are connected.  OK so enough about SD.

I searched for years to find an answer about the cuts.  I finally came across 1 reference on a 200 page archived forum (yes I read it all) that mentioned something I had not considered.  Lyme disease and the bite of a tick.  I have a super strong mental focus but I had also suffered some mild dissociation events and I just brushed it off.  I also had raging tinnitus, or ringing of the ears.  All of these symptoms are  reported commonly by sufferers of Lyme disease.  The cuts are very rare but MUCH more common from sufferers of SOME of the bacteria (there are many) that are passed through the tick's bite.  If I treat myself with long term antibiotics the cuts disappear, even in the height of a flare up.  Look around the internet and check Lyme disease videos.  It is VERY HARD and dangerous to try to get a Lyme disease diagnosis in America.  The medical establishment has made a decision that long term antibiotics are a dangerous issue and that issue is considered greater than the issue Lyme sufferers have to deal with.  You can also add mild allergies to meat eating as an issue with many tick bites.  This is a seriously complex issue.  If you embark upon a mission to prove Lyme you will start with a Lyme titer test.  You should warn each establishment that you go to that you are getting multiple tests done to keep them honest.  

I am also an Atkins lifestyle dieter (1 year and counting) and have noticed that the scratches are indeed worse with sugar some, but refined starches even more.  Pizza is a huge culprit.  So, cheat day will confuse you and keep you in scratches.  How hard is it to cut out sugar and starch for a month to see?  I live with none.  But I used antibiotics to rid myself of the scratches even on sugar and starch.  

Good luck regardless.
This started happening to me three weeks ago, but it is super specific. This is only happening to my right hand. Once on my thumb, then above my ring finger's nail, then right below that bone part that sticks out from the back of a hand where my middle finger is. Reading through the posts, it makes me question this a lot more because it is happening to me in a super specific area, but everybody else has this happening to them in multiple places.
I noticed I have this vertical scratch from my bottom lip to my chin. It wasn&#39;t there when I put my make up on but not even 10 minutes later, I had that scratch there. I also, have a little one above the lip that runs vertical towards the other one. I&#39;ve thought and thought and have absolutely no idea what happened. Today, I noticed I have 2 more on my forearm. Again, no idea. They don&#39;t hurt. What could be causing these??
Have gotten any better? Any updates?
If you have any jewellery or anything in the bed then thats probably it but if you don't then is probably paranormal I'm sorry to say that but if it's been happening for a long time then yes it's probably paranormal you should probably get your home check out if you don't think it's a paranormal then change your bed or change you sheets or pillows or something else Maybe that will help or set up a camera while you are   sleeping ,  good luck all the best I hope it's nothing paranormal.
Oh hey this isnt a answer but help im a little kid and im in my mums room and im watching a video while back of my hand feels itchy so I have a look and I have scratch marks on my back of my hand right next to each other 3of them I told my mum but she said its my baby niece but she cant scratch that thin together so I dont know what I can do please help me I cant buy any thing can someone please tell me if I can use a pray? Or some words im scared to go bed now incase I wake up and I have scratch on my back help anyone.if you can help email me at ***@**** thank you
It´s intresting to follow this thread.
Lot´s of good info concerning this matter.
I still recieve scratches, havn´t stayed out of sugar for weeks which might help, but sugar is added in all foods you cant imagine, I´m more worried about the suger substitutes. Anyway, I´ve had a small 7 alined scratches on the right side of my right knee, and while looking at it I now see a long 11 cm, scratch going in oposite direction.
I have learned to live with this, no one seems to find a conclusive answer, maybe it´s not ment for us or our doctors to understand.My theory is that it has to do with morgellans and chemtrails perhaps?
Thanks for posting on thids thread, I´m allways looking forward to read what you have to say
Its almost impossible to cut out sugar from your food, because it´s everywhere nowdays and it´s not a major threat in my mind.Anyway are you recieving theese razor edge scars randomly on your skin , like cat claws?
grisjed,
Bed bugs unfortunately. The scratches are self inflicted from both sides.