Unhealthy looking face skin

For the past year or so I can see that my face skin looks really unhealthy. When I look in the mirror, my face looks kind of dirty. The rest of my body skin is clear but my face has small dark-brown scars, a few (7-10) black dots.
Most noticeable are the dark patches (about 1-2 inches) on my cheeks. IS there any way of clearing this and having a clear and normal skin?

btw, I am 25 years old male. I am british asian so have brown skin.

Thanks in advance
These small spots can be due to hyperpigmentation skin or melasma. Melasma is caused by hormonal changes, which stimulate a temporary increase in your body's production of melanin. People with darker complexions are more prone to this condition than people with lighter skin.

Treatment options include treatment with vitamin C and hydrocortisone, peel with carbon dioxide snow and alexandrite and ND-Yag Q-Switched laser treatment preceded by a hydroquinone-based application. Please discuss these options with your dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

I went to see my doctor and she said it is Melasma. Gave me a cream called "Skinoren Cream - Azelaic Acid 20%".

I read the description inside the box and it says Skinoren is used for acne. I know I don't have acne and even doctor didnt tell me anything about acne. Would this cream help get rid of Melasma? Should I start using it for 3 months, as doc recomended?

If not any alternative that I can find in UK?

Azelaic acid can be used for treatment of melasma. It has both cytotoxic and antiproliferative effects on melanocytes (pigment producing cells) and may produce earlier, more pronounced skin lightening. Adverse effects include pruritus, mild erythema, scaling, and burning. so use it as per the dermatologist’s instructions.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.