DERMATOLOGY
COMMUNITY
Unidentified skin problem-'pits' of 'holes' forming on bottom of foot
by Jellybean2, Sep 28, 2006
Please Help Me!
"Pits" or "holes" are forming on a callus on the ball of my foot. I've never had this before. There is no pain, but there is an occasional burning sensation. I recall feeling a burning sensation before any visible symptoms occured. There is no itching, swelling, reddness, or odor. I thought it could be related to a pedicure I had 5 months ago that involved filing down the callus? What could this be? The "holes" are growing larger and so far are limited to the callus area. Could it be ringworm eating holes in my skin? Please help me identify this as I have no health insurance and a doctor visit is very expensive. Thank you so much!
Member Comments (22)
by Blondie27, Jul 10, 2007
I also have little holes about the size of a tear drop in the middle of the ball of my feet.  It is on both feet in the same exact spot.  I don't have any other symptoms either.  Sometimes it does hurt and I can peel the skin off that is building up at the hole.  I have had these for about 6 months.  It does not seem to be spreading, but I would like to know what it is without a dr's visit as I do not have health insurance either.
by BriannasMommy, Jul 11, 2007
sounds like a planters wart. ive been playing soccer for 15 years and i were high heel shoes and from all the presure on  my foot i got one on the not heel the other hard part below your toes anyways u have to get it removed its not to pain full but u have to see a doctor to do it i had a small hole in the middle of a calus it didnt hurt or a couple months so i didnt worry about it then about 6-8 months later it was very pain ful the dr puts liquid nitrogen on it (freezes it)and cuts it out
by susan sartip, Sep 06, 2007
It's bacteria.
by susan sartip, Sep 06, 2007
It's called pitted keratolysis.  Bacteria on the feet that responds well to topical antibiotics.  Wash feet a lot and keep dry.  May respond to washing feet with hydrogen peroxide.  Usually causes bad foot odor.
by chell_bell, Oct 05, 2007
This Bacteria... is this something you need to see a doctor for or is there over the counter stuff you can use?
by VVesssa, Jul 01, 2008
I have a whole in my foot it is at the bottom I have had it for 4 months. I picked it yesterday and it hurts whenI walk. I also went to the pool yesterday and it hurt alot. it is a perfect circle. Sometimes i can peel the skin. It started out like a blister. I had just taken a shower then I peeled a blister and it was there. In spanish it is called a hojo de pescado it means fish eye. It hurts to walk help me please!
by CSnow, Dec 29, 2008
here;s a link with some helpful information.
http://www.skin-disease.org/skin-infection/pitted-keratolysis.html
I believe i had this as a teenager. It got cut, and i believe I put antibacterial cream on it. It went away fairly quickly after that.  It is back now, 8 or so years later, so i think it's best to try the antibacterial cream again with a band-aid over it.  Just the plain kind like in a first aid kit.  God willing I'll post the results soon. John 3:16 :-)
by syd779, May 04, 2009
hi, i have holes in the heel of my feet. it started off with 1. now there are atleast 5. i am extremely worried, but there are no syptoms but pain.
by safi_yayo, Jan 24, 2010
I have something that sounds like this and my mom said it was a fish eye but it's on my hand. Is this the same thing?