Unknown rash in inner thigh?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Unknown rash in inner thigh?

for the past year i have had a red or pink spotted area in both of my inner thighs (where the legs meet basically, in those folds).  they aren't bumpy, or itchy, or bothersome whatsoever and never have been.  they are flush with my skin, and aren't extremely dry or flaky or anything, just normal like the rest of my skin.  i've noticed that they are sort of chiseled like a grid or like the skin on backs of hands.  and finally, i've noticed that it is sort of reflective of light.  i figured they would go away eventually but they have not.  i am afraid they are something serious, but i have decided to take advice here first.  i would really just like to know what it is so that i can figure out what my options are.

here is a picture (quite zoomed in):
http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/741/picture2jsw.jpg
please delete this thread