Unknown rash

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Unknown rash

My roommate told me today that there is a contagious skin rash going around school. She plays water polo and says that a lot of the team has it. She also says that she has it. What type of rash could it be and how do I avoid getting it? And if I do get it how do I make sure my teammates don't get it?

This discussion is related to contagious skin rashes.
Such a contagious disease can be due to fungal infection or scabies. Tinea pedis may present in several ways, varying from mild chronic scaling to acute lesions that are exfoliative, pustular, or bullous. Avoid direct contact with the infected persons and as far as possible, avoid walking barefoot near the swimming pool.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.