Unusual Spider Veins
Im a very health 19 yr old guy, very into lifting fitness etc. i run, lift, swim quite often and im in very good shape (military). I recently started trying to gain about 5 or 10 pounds and started lifting really hard, however, i noticed the development of what appears to be "spider veins" on my chest and upper back a few weeks ago. i found this odd considering this disease is mostly found in overweight individuals, and even in that case mostly in the legs and thighs. what could be causing this? thanks in advance for any info!

Spider veins are small, red, purple and blue vessels that are  twisted and turning that may be associated with pain.  They are also most often seen on the legs and face.  A number of factors predispose a person to varicose veins and spider veins such as genetics, occupational, trauma, obesity, hormonal influences, conditions that cause increased pressure in the abdomen including tumors, constipation, and externally worn garments like girdlles. Support stockings, sclerotherapy, laser treatment and lifestyle changes may help. If it persists and other symptoms are present, have this evaluated for proper management.

Take care and regards.