Unusual rash

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Unusual rash

About a month ago after playing volleyball one night i got this funny rash on my face, upper chest, and between my bra straps on my back. it looked like lots and lots of mosquito bites, each with a big red ring around it. i didnt do anything about it and it went away completely within 2 hours. then last week it happened again, also after volleyball (but this could just be coincidence since between the two reactions i have played volleyball many times). it also disappeared completely within about 2 hours. what could this be? thank you very much for any information and advice.

This discussion is related to Rash that disappears in 15 to 45 minutes.
Tags: rash, Chest, face, Back
One of the possibilities for your symptoms is solar dermatitis. Apply a good sunscreen with minimum spf 30 atleast half an hour before going out in the sun. You can take non-sedating antihistamines such as Cetirizine or Loratadine(Claritin) when the rash appears. Short courses of oral cortisone or steroids are taken for short periods (one to three days) to settle more severe symptoms. You may take Vitamin C along with the prescribed treatment. Vitamin C is a general anti-allergy supplement. Also apply calamine lotion and a mild steroid cream like dermacort on the rash.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

I have this odd rash that started over the weekend. It seems to have gotten progessively better over the last few days.  I starts in the morning as a pink pin-type rash on my palms, hands, arms and legs. No rash on my torso, neck, face or soles of feet.  From 8am to 1pm the rash on my palms disappears and the the rash on my arms and legs gets blotchier with white circles around the pink dots.  By the time I go to sleep the rash is completely gone and when I wake up in the morning the rash is still gone.  But by about 8am the cycle starts over.  The rash doesn't itch, I don't have a fever, swollen glands or any other symptoms.  I have seen two Nurse Practictioners and one Doctor who all think its an allergic reaction - I just find it weird that it disppears at night.  I have Cortain, Zyrtec and Bendaryl.  I'm just concerned with how long this will last.
Just a thought but another cause could be due to sweating. some ppl like me get super itchy and bumpy when I sweat but it dissapears when I cool off.  the bumps don't itch, it's when I begin to get them that they itch some.

Sometimes taking a shower using mild soap immediately helps