Unusual skin reddening

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Unusual skin reddening

Randomly in the last few weeks my arm(s) will turn bright red.  I don't think it is a rash because it does not itch, there are no bumps or hives, and it is not warm to the touch.  I'll just look down and my forearm and upper arm will have a bright red blob on it, sometimes on both arms.  It appears within seconds and takes about 2 hours to disappear.  I've not used any new detergents, soaps, lotions, or clothing materials. I've written down what I've eaten and nothing seems to lead to the other.  I've gotten them after I've been outside, and after I've been sitting in my office for hours.  There just doesn't seem to be any connection. I tend to prefer not to take medications and I'm not a one of those people that wants to get a bunch of tests done, so I really don't want to go to the doctor unless this is serious.
Tags: unusual, Skin, red
Some times hives do not itch.Apply calamine lotion if you feel uncomfortable.
Without examination,confirmation of a diagnosis is tough but it can be due to hives or irritant contact dermatitis. Hives (medically known as urticaria) are red, raised areas of skin that appear in varying shapes and sizes. They have a tendency to change size rapidly and to move around, disappearing in one place and reappearing in other places, often in a matter of hours.

Many cases of hives are "idiopathic," meaning no cause is known. Others may be triggered by viral infections or medications.

Apply calamine lotion the next time they appear and if they itch,then pls take some Benadryl or Zyrtec and apply some mild steroid cream.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional doubts.Kind regards.