Upper eyelid redness, burning, itching, dryness
I suddenly developed itching, burning, redness, and dryness of my upper eyelids, but not proceeding all the way to the brow.  My eyes themselves do not seem to be involved.  No discharge.  No conjunctival redness.  No watering of eyes.  No new detergents, makeup or lotions, etc.  Help.  I am miserable and look awful!
Sounds like eczema. Did you ever have itchiness and redness anywhere else like skin folds? Try low level of steroid cream. Don't use much as it will make your skin thin. Go see a dermatologist and get a script for non steroid based cream. If you were recently under a lot of stress or suddenly changed your diet. That would contribute to it.
Itchiness & redness on my neck and a bit behind my ear, but that last one was temporary.  Steroid cream has helped a bit.
Thanks.  Anyone had anything like this diagnosed as yeast?  Also what about vitamins, antioxidants, etc. as treatment for this type of thing?  Any ideas?
I have never heard of yeast affecting those body parts. But eczema does affect all of those parts and causes itching and redness. Eczema comes and goes, when it wants to. Their is no evidence to suggest that any vitamin or supplement works. Some people have claimed to have success with the following. Flax seed oil, evening primrose oil, barrage oil, turmeric, oolong tea and dietary changes such as no sugar, eggs, wheat, milk and corn products. Stress seems to be the biggest cause. Do not wash area with soap and do not use hot water. Find a good moisturizer and use it often.
Their is a lot of information on eczema websites. Do not believe those that tell you they have a cure. The cure they are talking about is their financial well being. You know how frustrated you are and you would do anything to make it go away. They are counting on that to make a living. I hope they go to a special place when they die.