Aa
A
A
Close
Upper lip discoloration?
For as long as I can remember, I've always had an upper lip discoloration. The upper lip area is completely lighter than the rest of my face! There's a distinct noticeable line between where my nose/cheek and upper lip meet (so basically it looks like a line that curves downwards from both sides of my nostrils)..anything under that line is freakishly white and anything above that line is really red. I pluck my upper lip hair quite frequently but I don't understand why this discoloration occurs! Is there a way I can fix it?? It's VERY noticable and looks like I waxed it or something when I don't.
Cancel
3 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Here's a picture if anyone wants to know what it looks like: http://tinypic.com/r/2chmis5/5
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,
Such an upper lip discoloration can be due to smoking, post inflammatory hypopigmentation, continuous lip licking or cheilitis. I suggest you to get an evaluation done from a dermatologist and get these possibilities ruled out.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.

Comment
Cancel
563773_tn?1374250139
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
I have that exact same problem and it's a daily frustration for me.  I've been to two dermatologists and neither had an answer.  I've searched extensively online but found nothing.  Did you ever find a solution for this?  
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Upper lip discoloration?
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
Top Dermatology Answerers
209987_tn?1451939065