Urticaria Pigmentosa

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Urticaria Pigmentosa

My son who is 4 years old now was diagnosed with Urticaria Pigmentosa at the age of 3 months old..He is covered  with spots from head to toes.. Since December he became very sick with colds, flu, pneumonia and bronchitis...He also became anemic... After numerous blood test they found that his Alkaline Phosphatase was elevated and so they did skeletal imaging and nothing was found.He also started to get bad odor from his mouth and it was not his oral hygiene so we were referred to see GI doctor who thinks he has acid reflux and gave him Zantac but nothing has changed..He still has the odor from the mouth and his tummy always looks bloated so the doctor is  recommending doing endoscopy and colonscopy and we are not sure if we want to put him through that if it's not required...My question is has anyone experienced any problems with their child's tummy and if so what procedures were done and what was the outcome and how was it treated...My son's TSH level is high too so I am not sure if it's all related with his Urticaria pigmentosa...Today we found out from his allergist that he has a mild allergy to milk products and prescribed him with zyrtec  and doing tryptase blood work...We would appreciate any kind of  information that can help us..Thank you for all your time and look forward to hearing from you.
For my kid the bad odour was due to giardiasis...
Have a Dermatology question?
100,000+ doctor answers