VERY itchy dry red skin pubic area

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

VERY itchy dry red skin pubic area

Since last October I have had very itchy dry skin in my pubic area, it started around my vagina and has spread to where my legs are connected to my butt cheeks and the bottom of my stomach. It is like I have to itch or it drives me insane. When I scratch, flakes of white skin seem to fall off. I have tried to put lotion but it doesnt seem to help. I have taken up to 4 showers a day just trying to get it to stop itching. I keep it very clean and dry and i have been using ivory soap. I also have got a spot on my leg that looks like the same stuff that is on my pubic area. Please help.
I cannot confirm anything without examination but it sounds like a fungal infection. Wash your groin daily and then dry thoroughly by pat drying,not rubbing. A hairdryer is useful if you have hairy groins.The damp groin is an ideal site for fungi to multiply.Also wear cotton underwears and change them twice a day. and do not share other people’s towels.Application of local antifungal cream(terbinafine, clotrimazole, econazole, ketoconazole, miconazole) and oral antifungal drugs are the mainstay of treatment.
I hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional doubts. Kind regards.
I have the EXACT same symptoms. I am way too embarrassed to see a doctore about it because it is so flakey, and I have huge scarring from scratching so much. Im so depressed about it because it has ruined my body. I will never be able to wear a bikini bottom in summer because the scarring is terrible :(
Same here it just came out of nowhere it happened to me months ago. I had taken many showers to see if it come of but it didn't and it stings.When I'm in the water at the beach and the shower it is like a burning sensation, and when I sit down I feel uncomfortable.