Vaginal Bumps

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Vaginal Bumps

Hey, I need help and I'm so scared. I've had these bumps on my vagina for a long time now, they come and go. I usually get them after I've shaved or wax and when my pubic hair starts growing back. Some of these bumps are on the top part of my vagina where hair grows the most and i can feel a bump under my skin before they actual bump comes out. They are filled with like pus and blood cz I've popped them and they hurt and would also leave a mark after they're gone. The last one i had was on the lip of my vagina, this one was smaller, it hurt and it popped with blood, like a pimple. I've been searching and all the websites talk about herpes. Does anybody have another explanation?
Without examination,confirmation of a diagnosis is tough,but it sounds like folliculitis or boils. Folliculitis is the inflammation of one or more hair follicles. Boils are caused by infection of the hair follicle by staph aureus.

Pls keep the area clean and apply some topical antiseptics. Also wear loose-fitting cotton clothing and use an antibacterial soap or mild soap like dove.Avoid any kind of cosmetics. Topical antibiotics such as mupirocin or neomycin containing ointment are also useful.In case the symptoms persist then oral antibiotics may be needed.Pls consult a dermatologist in that case.
Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or in case you have any additional doubts.Kind regards.

Your the only person that seems to be having the same symptoms as me. I havent been sexually active for at least a year now so i dont really think it is an STD. The symptoms i have are: a red larger bump on the left side of my vagina where hair grows. Now in the past month when i feel around i can feel a hard knot under my skin too. The one day the bump i guess popped and was bleeding, now i have a second bump..I'm getting worried can anyone help me in determinig what this is
i haven't had sex in 2 mnts but just noticed a small bump on the left side in my vagina area but not on my vagina and when i wipe it stings what is this?
The bumps along your bikini line that look kinda like zits, are genetic.  NOT STD!  Try looser fitting underwear, and completely drying after shower.  Nothing much you can do though!  Have fought this problem for years!  If they were small bumps, under the skin, kinda itch, HPV, get checked!  Information is power people!  IF you are above 18 or having ANY sex, you need a GYNO!!!!  
On saturday I shaved and later that day I had sex with my boyfriend. On sunday I notice that I had red bumps(itchy) and a couple near my butt hole where I also shaved. I'm not sure if its cause he hurt me or if I have an infection im really scared. I'm getting checked tomorrow but still worry. When I started dating him I checked myself (yearly check up) I was ok
Okay so I'm young under 18 I AM a virgin . Around thanksgiving I went to WA State and one day up there I realized I had these red bumps around where my pubic hair grows... Sometimes they get white heads and I can pop them and they go away but new ones appear soon after sometimes I can feel a knot under where I is inflamed and they itch. I am REALLY scared and I'm too embarrassed to ask a doctor.., PLEASE HELP
Hey the chick above me i have the EXACT problem im 15 and still a virgin but i do shave down there with soap and water and i kno why i have scars because i messed up sometimes but the dime size bumps that are red and wont go away SCARE ME now i dont want anybody to see me PLEASE HELP
I have one fairly large blister feeling bump on the back left side of my vagina it stings wheb i wipe and when i sit it hurts i have no idea what it could be and Im kinda worried
hey other two girls under 18 , i have the same problem idk what it is but sometimes they're big some small they have puss and blood in them and im a virgin and i get nervous bcuz idk what they are my mom says they're shaving bumps but  know they're not bcuz ill let my pubic hairs grow out so they'll go away and it doesn't work and i wear really tight jeans sometimes but i just want them to go away !
I agree with the last 3 or 4 girls...I'm 17 and har NEVER had sex before. I sometimes gets a bump or two right before my period or sometimes after I shave. I'm too embarassed to ask anyone about it. I read somewhere it's most likely a harmless cyst or it is because of shaving. Everything I read where the girls went to a doctor the tests for herpes and stuff  came back negative so I'm almost positive if your a virgin it isn't herpes. I also read 65 - 85% of girls get them