Vaginal Rash

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Vaginal Rash

Hi, I have a serious vaginal rash that I got a few days ago when I started my monthly menstruation. There's also a small blister.  I have never gotten this kind of rash before and I'm wondering if it's a STD or I might be allergic to the menstrual pad that I used. However, that is highly unlikely as I have been using the same brand for a few years. I'd like to know if there's anything I can do before I go to a OB/GYN.
The blister could be herpes.  You should have it cultured within the first 24 hours of it's appearance or else the results won't be accurate.  You could also have a blood test done for herpes type specific.  When was the last time you had unprotected sex?  If it was over 3 months ago, the blood test will be accurate.  
The last time I had unprotected sex was about 2 weeks ago but he's my boyfriend and has been my only sexual partner for over a year. He hasn't shown any symptoms of herpes though.
Regardless, you need to be checked.  Your boyfriend can carry the HSV2 virus and be asymptomatic.  25% ( 1out of 4 people) of the population has herpes and about half don't know it.  I'm not saying this to scare you.  You need to be checked.  It could very well be something else.  But you should rule out std's first.  Good luck.
a few days ago i awoke and my vagina was itching. it is not anywhere near my labia it is where most of my pubic hair is. the area is red, bumpy and very itchy all of the time.  what could it be?
it could be pubic lice. have you shaved recentily somtimes ingrown hairs can be red and itchy.