Dermatology Expert Forum
Vaginal Skin Tear
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Vaginal Skin Tear

I just wrote a couple days ago and appreciate your kind advice. I do have some paranoia about stds definitely even though I am in a monogamous faithful 3 year relationship. My paranoia comes from my own anxiety and fear from reading many websites and generally scary information sources. I do have a valid question though. My boyfriend and I had sex last night and this morning, there was oral sex, as well as he put his hands down there briefly. Now, after reading your response to my folliculitis question, I was feeling relieved. I took a shower this morning and noticed I felt some discomfort when cleaning. I looked down there and actually see a skin cut/tear/laceration. I wouldn't be concerned if it was near the opening because I can tear a little with sex, and was not 100% lubricated b/c I am on the pill. This tear is just above the genitals in the thin skin area folds that are just right around the genitals. It is an actual open laceration/tear. It looks like an open cut/crack, looks wet, and red. It is about 1/8" long. There is no yellow stuff that I see, it looks like it's bleeding but when I put a towel on it, nothing comes off except clear wet if anything. I don't want to be that girl who runs out and gets a herpes culture at the drop of a hat--but should I be concerned? Is this likely from sex or something else? This area is usually dry and flakey and gets itchy. But I haven't shaved this area in probably 4-5 days so I haven't been itching lately. It's like it just appeared out of nowhere! I truly don't like worrying and would really like to get on with my life.