Vaginal dermatitis

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Vaginal dermatitis

I was recently diagnosed w/ dermatitis on the vaginal area.  The doctor told me to put hydracortizone cream to relieve any itching, but I want it to away.  I have eliminated the possible causes (different laundry detergent, condom type).  What would you suggest?
I've had this problem for the last four years now. I've been using dermovate cream for the last two but unfortunately you can only use this once a day. So it helps initially but after a while the discomfort is back again. The only thing I can recommend is a low yeast diet. If you can stay as far away from the stuff as you can you will find that you are less likely to have thrush which makes the dermatitis unbearable. Also try to stay clear of having baths. Stick to showers instead. The area needs to be kept as dry as possible so long hot baths have to be a thing of the past. Its a horrible condition to have and I have to say it has completely changed my life. I'm unable to walk properly when the dermatitis is at its worst and wearing clothes make it really irritated. So Julie you're not alone. Hopefully there are other folk out there who are able to manage the condition and tell the rest of us how to do it.