Vaginitis
Can I have vaginitis without having a vaginal discharge?

This discussion is related to Genital bumps/burning been for a few months.

Vaginitis is a term for any infection or inflammation of the vagina.symptoms usually include irritation,itching,inflammation,abnormal discharge and pain during intercourse and micturition but it is not compulsory that all these symptoms are always present.

If you are having vaginitis without any vaginal discharge,then chances of Chlamydia are more. A vaginal discharge is sometimes present with this infection but not always. More often a woman might experience light bleeding especially after intercourse. She may have pain in the lower abdomen and pelvis. Chlamydial vaginitis is most common in young women (18 to 35 years) who have multiple sexual partners.

Other types of vaginitis like atrophic vaginitis and vaginitis due to allergies and irritants of the vagina may also cause vaginitis without any vaginal discharge.

Hope this helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted if you have any additional doubts.
My girl friend has developed a very itching sensation and irritation on the vulva area and vaginal lips. In addition to the irritation and itching she presented a whitish thick vaginal discharge with no odor. She is 34 years old. She have tried several antifungals but the symptoms don't go away. She have already 3 weeks with the problem

This could be related to a STD?