Vein under eye - Can it be removed with a laser?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

I spoke with a Dermatologist a few weeks back and she took one second and determined the blue vein under my eye wasnt something she could do anything with; she referred me to an ocular surgeon.  Eye surgery for a blue vein running along the orbital bone of my right eye?  Is there a laser that can remove that vein without having to go to an eye surgeon?  Perhaps she simply didnt have access to an up to date laser?
Avatar dr f tn

Spider veins or telangiectasias are small purple to red blood vessels often visible on the leg, ankle, foot and occasionally on the face. The cause is unknown, but heredity plays a strong role in the development of this condition. Spider veins are progressive, and usually increase in number and visibility with age.

The oldest and most common treatment for spider veins on the legs is sclerotherapy wherein injection of a sclerosing agent into the veins. Often, the veins do not go away, but become less visible because of the reaction around the walls of the vein.
Another treatment which is sometimes effective is the use of a laser. This is especially true in the facial area, where the laser may be the preferred method of treatment.

Depending on the location, dermatologists sometimes refer to specialists when they think the location is delicate such as the eyes. With the treatment options mentioned, your doctor is being cautious.

Take care and regards.