Vertical cheek wrinkles

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Vertical cheek wrinkles

My sister is 51 and has a vertical line straight down the middle of her cheek from her zygomatic bone to her jaw - what could cause this?
Smile lines?
What your sister is having is cheek wrinkle or a lower cheek wrinkle more precisely. Your sister can consult a cosmetologist and discuss the option of dermafillers. Other treatment methods include prescription acid creams or peels, stronger retinoids such as Retin A, Botox( botulinum toxin) ,non invasive or carbon dioxide laser and a surgical facelift.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.