Vertical ridge appearing on my finger nails

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

My finger nails appearing to be in vertical line, just like the ridges. Firstly it did happen on one of fingers, but later all of them having this symptom. I am worry if something going wrong..
Avatar dr f tn
Hi there!
Many nail blemishes can produce the appearance of vertical ridges on the nails. Any injuries to the nail bed, malabsorption or malnutrition are few other causes. Another cause of ridges on fingernails is lack of moisture. Massaging the nails or cuticles   with a moisturizing cream or oil can be very helpful. Increase the amount of water you drink. Skin conditions like psoriasis are also associated with changes like ridges on fingernails, and pitting of the nail. It is best to consult a dermatologist and get your doubts clarified. I sincerely hope it helps.
Take care and regards!