Very Itchy legs

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Very Itchy legs

Hi all!

I've been suffering as you all have for years now! Last night in desperation I found this forum..

"Taryn10" posted "I found a cure for my itchy legs" http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Dermatology/I-found-a-cure-for-my-itchy-legs/show/997405

I've now tried scrubbing with a shower schrunchie / loofa sponge (with soap), not too hard, but aggressively.. and then after showering, I dried my legs quite aggressively with my towel.. and there was no itching at all!

This is huge progress for me, and will let you all know if it works! I recommend trying this..
Trevor

Right..

It's been about 2 weeks since I tried the above procedure, and I can honestly say that it has pretty much gone away! Just a simple scrub in the shower and a nice firm drying with a towel, and it is so much better!
I really hope this will work for you as well!

Regards,
Trevor

This discussion is related to Itchy legs, no sign of rash or irritation.
From your symptoms vascular dermatitis, lichen simplex chronicus  and stasis dermatitis should be ruled out. Keep on wearing the compression stockings and increase muscle activity with walking, Avoid standing in place for long periods of time, Avoid sitting with the feet dependent.
Limit salt intake, do not abuse diuretics, but a short-term course may be helpful,
do not abuse laxatives, Drink plenty of water, Avoid contraceptive pills and hormone replacement therapy if possible.

I hope it helps. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

I am going to try these as well and report back. Been suffering for the last month.