Very very dry skin !!
I am 15 and have EXTREMELY dry skin allover my face, particularly around my mouth, chin and cheeks.  It is red, puffy and irritated.  No matter how much moisturiser I put on, it is permenantly dry.

Each morning I apply Hydrocortisone Cream 1% which a dermatologist prescribed when I was younger.  And also Avene Moisturiser for very dry skin (I also apply this throughout the day if needed).
At night I apply DHC Virgin Olive Oil Moisturiser after cleansing with DHC Cleansing Oil.

I stay away from things I am allergic to; cats, rabbits, nuts, etc.
NOTHING will get rid of this dry skin.  In the past 7 years I have not had one single day of hydrated, comfortable skin.  I have spent hundereds of pounds on care for my skin and nothing will help it at all.

I have already been advised to check that I am getting plenty Vit A; I am eating plenty of veg full of Vit A ,  I am also taking a Skin, Hair and Nails Formula tablet daily.
I take Flaxseed Oil daily and drink plenty of water and eat good food.  I have had this problem since I was around 7 or 8.  It began around the eyes and ears and ended up literally allover my body with eczema.  It was diagnosed as childhood eczema and strong steroid creams helped this but even those creams won't get rid of it.

I am stuck for ideas on what to do and I am tired of having this irritated, red skin all the time.

Any ideas? Thankyou.
It could be eczema, sweat dermatitis, allergic reactions or eczema.

You need to wash the areas several times with fresh water. Do not use any cosmetic products at the sites.

Apply calamine lotion at the site of the lesions and see if it helps. You could take some oral antihistamine medications like cetrizine or loratadine. You need to maintain a good personal hygiene .

Anti-itch drugs, often antihistamine, may reduce the itch during a flare up of eczema, and the reduced scratching in turn reduces damage and irritation to the skin.

For mild-moderate eczema a weak steroid may be used (e.g. hydrocortisone or desonide), whilst more severe cases require a higher-potency steroid (e.g. clobetasol propionate, fluocinonide).

Eczema can be exacerbated by dryness of the skin. Moisturizing is one of the most important self-care treatments for sufferers of eczema. Keeping the affected area moistened can promote skin healing and relief of symptoms.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eczema

Let us know if you need any further information.

It would be advisable to consult a skin specialist for your symptoms and a proper clinical examination.

Let us know if you need any other information and post us on how you are doing.

Regards.