Dermatology Community
Vitiligo and Hormones
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Vitiligo and Hormones

I have had Vitiligo since I was 6, all over my body.
The only time any of my white spots has ever filled in was while I was pregnant with my son (but not with my daughter) making me think more exploration needs to be done in the hormone catagory of Vitiligo..

My pole question is:
How many of you with Vitiligo, have had your white spots fill in during pregnancy?
50%
 (1) 
Yes
50%
 (1) 
No
0%
 (0) 
Pregnant with boy
0%
 (0) 
Pregnant with girl
2 Members voted
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I think it is not the case, It is right that inheritance is involved in vitiligo.  But there are not certain law regarding this. And according to the http://www.antivitiligo.com/vitiligo/  ratio of such cases which have familial history is not more than that of 20% of all the cases.
Vitiligo may be hereditary in some cases. Children of vitiligo affected parents are more likely to develop vitiligo disorder. However, most children will not get vitiligo even if a parent has it. Also most people with vitiligo do not have a family history of the disorder.

Large number of inherited disorders are associated with vitiligo. They include: albinism of the ocular type, autoimmune polyendocrinopathy syndrome, congenital deafness with vitilego and achalasia, dyschromatosis symmetrica hereditaria, ermine phenotype, familial histiocyctic reticulosis, kabuki syndrome, and the syndrome of spastic paraparesis, vitiligo, premature graying and characteristic facies.
Blank
not sure how to vote! answer is NO.
Dr.s would disagree probably but I have had vitiligo for 25 years and the ONLY time I have noticed it going away is...
After summer months after being in the sun all summer long. (I live at the beach) A little more fills in every year!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank