Vitiligo on Lips

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Vitiligo on Lips

Dear Sir,
              Iam Suffering from vitiligo on lips,i used Homeopathy medicine for 6 mtnhs and stopped,from past 1 year i neglected this prblm,but now iam scared of it ,please let me know the treatment procedures to prevent this.due to this iam feeling shy to go outside
Treatment options for vitiligo include steroids, psoralen photochemotherapy(PUVA),depigmentation and surgical therapy like skin grafting, micropigmentation or tattooing and autologous melanocyte transplants. However the choice of therapy depends on the number of white patches; their location, sizes, and how widespread they are and the option that is convenient to you. I would suggest  you to discuss these options with a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.