WHITE SPOTS ON SKIN

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Viewing 201-223 comments:
I didn't have time to read all of these comments, but I had the same exact spots for 6 years. White when I am tan, red when I am pale. they were everywhere--neck to toe. They aren't elevated, same level as the rest of my skin. They only itch when my skin is dry. Anyway, I know many of you may disagree, but I went to doctors for years since I was a child about different rashes I had and getting sick all the time...had strep throat numerous times...etc. and every time with the rashes they said they couldn't identify it...just said it was psoriasis and gave me lotion that never worked. Finally, we were told about an allergy doctor. It turned out all of my rashes were because I was allergic to many things. I'm allergic to corn, dairy, and tomatoes. I ate all of those ALL the time and always had the rash. The second I found out about the allergies and started cutting the food out of my system the rash went away. So most likely, all of you who are having this exact rash and the lotion is not working...it is because of the food you are eating. Try changing your diet and cutting out certain foods and see how it affects the spots. Hope this helps some of you.
Selsun is short for Selsun Blue dandruff shampoo.  Tea tree oil can be found in any health foods store.
hi hill,  what is the name of the shampoo? pls. tnx a lot. :) GOD BLESS.
I tan out in the sun every now and then and I seem to tan real easy. But all over my arms the tan starts to fade and make white spots. It's not that I tan too much and get burnt, these spots just won't go away! Please help!
i have the same problem dude., but my white spots is in my face., so im very shy with my friends to go with them because of it., damn! what should i do!? i dont know how can i cure it,. the dermatologist recomended me some cream but its not effective., plz., answer my question., how can i cure it., tnx
i have the same thing i have a bunch of white spots on my back and chest they itch like hell and they dnt rise off the skin their flat and small ima try the dandruff shampoo treatment and foot cream treatment will let you all know which works best . i use lubriderm lotion it works well but days i dnt put on lotion thats when it is worse
I also have unsightly white spots on my face that have increasingly gotten worse by spreading to other side if face. They are primarily along my jawline and one side is significantly worse than the other. I've been to 3 doctors (2 dermatologists and 1 internal medicine). All have come up with different diagnosis. Vitiligo, Fungus, and acne scars. It's definitely not scarring since I did not have acne in all affected areas. Any way to differentiate between vitiligo and fungus? Neither doctor ordered further testing. When I informed them of the other possible conditions suggested by other physician they both were confident in their own diagnosis and quickly denied the possibility of something different.
I am extremely self conscious about these spots since  they are so noticeable.... I just want to find out what they really are and how to get rid of them
how long or how often do you use selson blue on your legs?
Selsun Blue did not work for me at all. What works is Vagisil. I know it sounds crazy but my father in law had bad athletes foot and could not get rid of it. He used Vagisil and cleared it right up. After months of trying to get rid of these white spots I used extra strength Vagisil creme every morning for three days and they completely went away! You can also use the generic one at the drug store as long as you get the same strength of active ingredient. My husband had it too and it cleared his right up in only two applications.
i have small dry white patches above my chest on my back and above my vagina, its really worrying me
i have a white spot on my leg i think you should eat a little bit more
Hi, im came from Germany and i have white spot on my shoulder also. it started as one small spot then its spread out. now both of my shoulder have it. i want to try the anti dandruff shampoo (selsun blue) ? but its not available here in my place. can i use an ordinary anti dandruff shampoo??? please help me...
I found your site very informative.
Thank you.
Incidentally, I viewed a site that has a product called Dermacure that guarantees to quickly get rid of many different skin marks and spots.
The website is  brandnewskin.org

Michael
a product named skincure is good.
i think it's skincure.org
There is a issue called MORGELLONS it has MAN Y SYMPTOMS, so so many, the white spots are one. red spots, eczema, hair loss, heavy dandruff, oily scalp like craddle cap, eye floatersm, and last but surly not least ITCHING, you do not have to get the itching, but when people do they ASSUME it is bugs, it is not bugs. It is a disease with so many symptoms that they are countless.

If you look at the symptoms you will see this malady has the same list of symptoms as AGENT ORANGE you can also look into GULF WAR SYNDROME.

They are all the same disease, AGENT ORANGE was not a chemical affliction it was the beginning of monumental disease in America..

Go to  http://www.****.com/Morgellons-Message-Board/

I know you will find other afflictions you imagined were from stress, or nearves, or allergys (allergies) as the doctor says when it dose not fit his time clock..

Come and see me, my handle is Baraka Obam, LOL
I have the same white discoloration spots all over my face (no where else, they developed really later in life, not at a youthful age), and I do not tan, but I have always had a very dark complexion, I have been using Selsun Blue for over a year and it has done nothing for me, I believe it's Hyper Pigmentation, and the only cure is probably to "bleach the skin" to even out the color, but be careful what you use.  Kail if the selsun blue doesn't work obviously it is not a fungus, I too have heard the same stuff, good luck, I just recently ordered Alpha Arbutin, after googling and seeing some of the same stuff online based off photos...
what kind of t tree oil did you use cheers
I have small bumps on my forearms that are not puss filled but will only appear after I itch them n it only itches once I've been in the sun for any length of time...if I dnt itch it it doesn't flare up in these white bumpy patches...what could it be? I looked at the tinea versicolor pics n thts not what my forearms look like...plz help
I have the same thing. Not vertigo or tinea virsacolor. I've seen pics. I've had them for going on 12 years, it started after my first child. Very embarising.  I haven't used a tanning bed in over 15 years. I have tried a cream you leave on in the shower for 3 minutes, I've tried the athletes cream. It keeps coming. My children are small, and kids are cruel. I feel like a lepor, and am scared for my children being made fun of. I live the sun, and V-d. HELP! I'm sick of the drs experimenting. Did Peggy_p find an answer????? It was in 2007 so I'm hopeful. Please help.
I have sun damage to my skin.. So i have little white spots on my legs and on my arms that my friends say make my legs look like salami.. It's called IDIOPATHIC GUTTATE HYPOMELANOSIS.. Look up the images and see if this helps any of you.  Karena
how old are you if you don't mind telling--i'm older and have the same thing but afraid to use vagisil
i am 21 years old and i have white spots on my legs and arms i also noticed this under my chin....i've been suffering from this since the age of 14-15 yrs old..im really tired of it now and often embarrassed to wear shorts..if i do i only wear them at night...im a confident person but this condition makes me feel insecure and i pray to god 1 day i find aa cure ....used shea butter before but that didnt work...imma try the tea tree oil or selsun..i heard selenium sulfur works so i will try those and keep my fingers crossed...
Hi I have the white spots too, it first started on my right breast then the other one. Now they are all over my shoulders and my back, I am also extremely animaic, my hemogoblin has gon as low as 75, thats when i get my blood transfusion, Im scared because of the C word, Could it be because of my blood disorder, Im only 52. Thanks Janet
how can we get tea tree oil? What is the name to mention in the store?
Thank you
In my life I've gotten the white spots a few times, a few years ago they got pretty bad, but I always started treatment right when I saw them, Different selun blues have different active ingredients I usually have to use two different ones to get them to go away.  When I was younger mine never itched, but this time they do. I think it's because they were on my back before, and now they are on my chest/stomach . I only had 2 spots but then 2 weeks later I had 7, if   I didn't keep treating them, it would increase. If you self treat  consistantly with shampoo, antibacterial soap , and fungus cream for more then 2 weeks and don't see progress you need to see a doctor. I personally leave the selsun blue on all night and use it in the shower and if I'm ever around the house, just because I want them gone, it doesn't burn at all, just makes them itch a little more. I also wash my hands every time I touch them and stopped using towels more then once.
Even if you don't think its a fungus treatment you should try treating it, just in case .
I have read through a great deal of this information, and I have found it helpful. However, I am not entirely sure if it is actually applicable to my situation.

Unfortunately, I am one of those that have fallen through the cracks as far as health care goes. I have none, and there is no free clinic where I live. So, I have been trying to find out what is going on.

To start with, I am overweight and worry about my health. For the most part, I know what is happening to my body at various stages, but I have these spots that worry me. They do not particularly hurt, but they are annoying and unsightly. They are flat, with no itching. Though sometimes, they ache. Occasionally, my feet swell and they ache when they do.

I have had these flat white spots around my ankles and up my legs for several years now. When I press on them, they get whiter and take a moment to return to the 'normal' white pigment. Is this the same thing as the fungal infection? I've never been to a tanning bed in my life, and to my knowledge, I've never reused towels.

Any help or suggestion would be wonderful!
I have flat white spots mainly on my arms which do not tan in the sun.  I believe it is a condition called "idiopathic guttate hypomelanosis."   It is not related to Vitiligo and I have not found a cure for them yet.  I am currently trying Myrrh-Plus which a naturopathic doctor gave me, but am only on day 3.  Will keep you posted.

Search the web for photos.  Here are some:

http://www.picsearch.com/pictures/Health/Cutaneous%20conditions/Idiopathic%20guttate%20hypomelanosis.html
This may be your condition.  Search:

Idiopathic guttate hypomelanosis

Flat white spots on arms and legs that do not tan.
I'm thirteen-- I've been seeing these dry, white patches of skin. I'm Caucasian but i'm very tan and I'm wondering if it's from the sun? I'm using Celsun Blue and Clotrimazole on them, but nothing seems to be working. They're on my chest and the underside of my jaw as well as lower cheek. some have started appearing on my arms. I've been trying to make them go away for several months and I'm getting impatient. What do I do?
i have many white spots on my leg, foot, hand i  hate them please let me know what i can  do?
You must use Wonder mask and Exfoliator which definitely gonna be help you.

All natural cosmetics helps to avoid aging.
Hi. I have this white spots on my skin that later on turns into gray or black. It is all around my body. We just ignore it before since im 10 years old. Im 20 now and it has no change even I use soaps with high in acid. Now, it stays on my skin which it doesnt reallt look good at all. HOW CAN YOU HELP ME with this?

THANK you if you can reply to me.
me, too. i have a white spot all over me skin....please help me doc what will i do? i;m suffering this for  almost 4 years... thnk u...
i hv white spot on my face,n it is reducing my confidence,pls help
Use fresh garlic rub on the white area  twice a day about 5min may help to control the spread. you much continue doing it at least 6 months to see the differences. And hope will change the color of white skin in the few years. It does work.
I have white spot in my all body part.What i gonna do?Please Please Please help me to remove it.
I have white spots on my legs i havent yet gone to the doctor i just recently develpoed them and i am putting selsun blue on them i have one really noticable one on my leg and a few small not so easy to see on my face , will the ones on my face get worse ?!
I have tried all the doctors creams and sprays. 40 years of suffering, Ive found sugar to be my culprit. Very hard to cut outa my diet, but has cured life long skin, digestion/bloating problems.
I have one large spot on my leg and a tiny one on my other wtf,
what do you mean? wheat gluten?
I have been getting these white spots since i was 12 i am now 34. I usually get them more so in summer then winter. They first come out red and itchy then turn white. I had them going around my hair line on my face, all the way around to my neck then down my spine. I looked like something from star trek. I have tried everything that the dr has given to me but didnt work.

I have found in my local market a company that makes lemon myrtle products. I have found that the soap has worked with them. That was 3 years ago, it is only now they are coming back. I am sending my focus to jojoba and coconut oils as they are suppose to have properties for skin disorders. I will let you guys know the out come with this.
It is called Idiopathic Guttate Hypomelanosis (IGH)

Image here: http://www.proteanservices.com/2010/09/idiopathic-guttate-hypomelanosis/

What to do?: Contact Pharmacist Ben Fuchs. His radio show is on GCNLive.com. M-F, 10:00am CST.

His website is brightsideben.com

His email is: ***@****

Listen to him on GCN, and call in on the show.

He's the BEST. He knows more about Pharmacy than anyone and hates pharmaceutical drugs, pretty much. Gives you the vitamin and mineral deficiency solution to the problem. He specialized in making skin formulas for 20 years.

I just found that site with the image which allows me to finally know what I'm looking at and now I can call Ben as ask what to do about it.

Am sure that quaity Vit A will be the first thing. He says there's some cheap stuff that docs will push on you, and that you shouldn't take it.
I started with a spot or two on the back of my arms and it didn't bother me but now its all ova my shoulders on my lower back and inbetween my legs I can't go and wear a bathing suit cos it looks really bad its big patches now and flakey people told me to use like anti dandruf shampoo but I'm scared cos I don't want to agrovate it any more how do I get rid of it pls  
I started with a spot or two on the back of my arms and it didn't bother me but now its all ova my shoulders on my lower back,under my breasts and inbetween my legs I can't go and wear a bathing suit cos it looks really bad its big patches now and flakey people told me to use like anti dandruf shampoo but I'm scared cos I don't want to agrovate it any more how do I get rid of it pls  
Was it just the vagisil cream, or was it something to cure a yeast infection like monostat?
me too i have white spot on my legs i hate them please let me know what i can do? im suffering this for almost 6yrs.. please help me ...thnk u.....
I had the same problem for a couple of years. My friend told me it could be fungus. Even though I thought she was wrong, I have tried Clotrimalozum Cream. It helped! Some spots came back the next summer, but I used the cream again and it dissapeared. Try it! It is cheap and easy to use. I am spot free for a couple of years now:)

I met a person with the lots of connecting white spots on the face,  but that person had diabetes and liked to eat ice cream all the time.  My spots started when I went back to  eating ice cream years ago.  I wanted to help my sprain heal with calcium, after years of being dairy free, but I then got the white spots on my legs.  Just 3 spots on the legs, but I stopped the diary eating again and they stayed away for a long time.

As a brown skin person who had been winning this white spot fight for a few years,  I can say I believe different forms of sugar and sweeteners are causing these white spots - lactose, fruit sugar (fructose), etc. are the problem.  Corn even seems to  have a sugar that makes my legs itch or creates the brown spots.  I believe we with white spots have blood sugar problems and corn and other sugars are not helping.  Corn makes my hands sweat and screws up my blood sugar.  Even the gluten free foods ( that I have used for years now)  need to be low or free of sugar, but gluten free (without evaporated cane is best).  I don't eat non-fat dairy,  butter and eggs unless they are in a gluten free batter (the gluten free batter seems to neutralized them).  I only eat white rice flour and canola oil for frying  and cooking.  I mention that because those three are found in the gluten free foods.  

For diary free and/or gluten free diets you definitely have to get your daily vitamin C, Bs and E, cooper, beta carotene (improves color),  iron and calcium via boil in bag rice, rice pastas, carrots (steamed or blanched only) and a good multi- vitamin supplement, decaf green teas (no coffee). Squash, red pepper and carrots are important to eyes and skin.   No fast foods, oats and oatmeal ( it has gluten).  

Keep the inflammatory response down in your body by not eating too many potatoes and night shade plants ( you will need to eat rice and Yukon yellow potatoes or sweet potatoes to keep weight on; however).  Sometimes sweet potatoes shake my blood sugar so I eat them in small portions.   I have cut these sugars and even wheat and gluten and when I cheat and try to go back to these diary, sugar  and gluten foods  it seems to trigger the spots, again.

I only mainly have leg and thigh white spots. Only one spot on each arm for the whole all the years of fighting these white spots and there is nothing on my face. I think they are not on my face because I used Phiso De... products forever to balance the skin on my face.  I can't find it any more.

The leg spots also started when I decided to stop clogging my leg pores with lotions and Vaselin...  I am going back to Vaselin... because I think it keeps the acid in these sugars from seeping through to the top layer of my skin.  These spots look like acid burns when you think about it, but imagine the acid is coming from within.  Sugar is acid.  The foot doctor said it was athletes foot crawling up my leg.  I believe that was blood sugar problems lead to sweating and that is  factor. I admit to have sweaty feet and hands early in the game.  Sweating feet can lead to you giving yourself athlete's foot fungus  and it can spread up your legs.  I had the white spots on the bottom of my feet a one point, but I fought with them;  and now for the legs and upward to the thighs I must battle these spots.  I had seen  them on my scalp, once, but I used dandruff shampoo and coconut oil hair products even though I don't see dandruff flakes.  I think coconut oil ( an antifungal) help keep them off the face and head area.  Dandruff shampoos could be used daily, but I was scared to dry my hair out and  after all the white spots left and I think the coconut oil hair product was good enough to keep them at  bay on the head and face area.

Stop eating fermented and fungus foods like real cheese cream cheese, peanuts and mushrooms, pickles, olives, sauer kraut, salad dressings, mustards with gluten vinegars )sugars (real and artificial), dairy products, ice cream, and even wheat and gluten products (including most vinegar products - except distilled vinegar).  All these things make  yeast infections all over your body..  Increase good flora decrease bad flora.  

I am back to drinking once a week, Pau D'Arco tea (kills bad flora) with a daily vitamin that has a probotic to make good flora.  Search for  a non-dairy good probotic in a bottle. Brown rice yogurt and almond yogurt and coconut yogurt did not work for me because they usually have sweeteners, so I use a multi-vitamin with a flora builder (probotic).

I would and have stopped eating all dairy -- especially dairy yogurt and especially milk and milk products.  Go to rice or almond milk ( chose a kind with no evaporated cane, no honey, no molasses or sugar or other sweeteners) and no bad transfat oils.  Increase your intake of vitamins with no diary, wheat, soy or gluten.  Never eat jams and honey as a sweetener sometimes; I use unsweetened green apple sauce as a sweetener in foods and batters, and rarely.  Marinara is a good condiment.

Find out if you have the grass and/or  fruit sugar allergy.  I did --so all this makes sense to me to avoid milk, corn, (originally from grass), fruit and wheat.  Also, I am an O blood type, if you understand the blood type logic then you would know why I avoid these foods.

I eat meat (chicken, turkey, white fish).  Eat sea salt with iodine, as well as, red onions, garlic, true red peppers and pinto beans for flavonoids ( all good for skin). I only eat eggs inside the gluten free breads and batters I make.  However, usually, I avoid straight butter and eggs because they are diary and my nose can  swell from the dairy products.  Scrub you vegetables of fungus and eat frozen bag colorful vegetables. Professionals  have told me they have not found a  cure.   They have no cure --   just a name  --- idopathic. guttate hypomelanosis.  You might want to find out if you have that  or tineaus vert... or vitiligo which is what I thought the ice cream eaters with diabetes had.  My own personal opinion is that  gluten free & diary free diets might help you no matter which one you end up being diagnosed with. It's complicated.  Hope you respond back.

Gone free (GF & DF)
I had the same thing for years now. But not any more. What works for me is VERSEL. I think it's a Canadian product. You can order it online. apply it on your body and keep it for 5 hours then shower. Do it for a week.
Good luck.
Viewing 201-223 comments: