Waistline under belly itches and flakes dead skin
Around one year ago I moved from Texas to Alaska and started noticing under my belly right at my waistline it started itching severely. When I itch it, it feels great makes almost my whole body numb. Then afterwords it started to ooze a clear but very gross smelling substance like puss I guess and turn very red making bumps everywhere. I will not itch it for a few days and it clears up the redness and bumps but the skin will be so dry I apply a little bit of Aveeno lotion to it non scented and it starts itching again and I go through the routine again. I have recently been putting neosporin on it and its been burning a little bit but not helping.I also put peroxide on it at one time and it ate away my skin. I am clueless and its been getting annoying please help.

Do not scratch the lesions. It could be eczema, sweat dermatitis, allergic reactions or insect bites.

You need to wash the areas several times with fresh water. Do not use any cosmetic products at the sites.

Apply calamine lotion at the site of the lesions and see if it helps. You could take some oral antihistamine medications like cetrizine or loratadine. You need to maintain a good personal hygiene .

Anti-itch drugs, often antihistamine, may reduce the itch during a flare up of eczema, and the reduced scratching in turn reduces damage and irritation to the skin.

For mild-moderate eczema a weak steroid may be used (e.g. hydrocortisone or desonide), whilst more severe cases require a higher-potency steroid (e.g. clobetasol propionate, fluocinonide).

Eczema can be exacerbated by dryness of the skin. Moisturizing is one of the most important self-care treatments for sufferers of eczema. Keeping the affected area moistened can promote skin healing and relief of symptoms.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eczema

Let us know if you need any further information.

It would be advisable to consult a skin specialist for your symptoms and a proper clinical examination to rule out scabies or any other cause.

Let us know if you need any other information and post us on how you are doing.

Regards.