Dermatology Community
Waking up with.. bug bites??
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Waking up with.. bug bites??

Okay, so since around December, I've been waking up with big, red, itchy bumps on my arm. I'm pretty sure they are not bedbugs because I've searched in every crevice of my bed and I don't see anything. I also heard if you have bedbugs, they bite more than just once. I don't get them everyday, but I'd say around once a week (more or less) I wake up with one on my arm. I'm pretty sure it's some type of bug that's biting me in my sleep. When I do wake up with a bump (no pun intented), it's never more than just one. There has been only one time that I had five of them all on my hand. They are warm to the touch and I'd say around one inch in diameter. I have on currently on the side of my wrist. These bumps slowly shrink until they are gone completely which takes up to a week or two. They haven't appeared anywhere else on my body except for my arms, elbows, wrists, hands and fingers. I'm not if anyone knows what this is, but if you have any ideas or advice, please tell me.

Thanks,
Sarah