Wart Infestation between toes!!

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Wart Infestation between toes!!

5745273?1275433589
I got a wart in between my great and 1st toe last summer.  The wife told me to get it looked at (of course I didn't) and it developed into a wart infestation.  I went to see a dermatologist who sprayed them with 'the freeze', then recommended otc salycilic acid application after the shower - wrap with duct tape - pumice the next day (repeat.)  I did this for 2 months solid and there was little change - except for great pain, and the area becoming white, calloused and inflamed.  The skin never seemed to peel off with the pumice stone.  It just became very white, hard, and callous-like over the warts.  I've seen the dermatologist twice so far, and he told me to stay with the plan - even though I'm reluctant.  I have stopped for the past 2 weeks and this is what it looks like.  PLEASE HELP!!!

Thanks,
Tom, 28/Male
  • wart whole body (1 replies):
    i have wart in my whole body?what can i do?
  • Lip Warts Suck! (2 replies):
    Does anyone know how to get rid of warts on the outside ...[more]
  • Warts (1 replies):
    I have 1 bit big and 5 small warts on my nect from 8 mon...[more]
  • warts (1 replies):
    hi doctor Keyes i keep getting warts on my hands,it star...[more]
  • about warts (1 replies):
    is there an effective cream or medicines to stop the war...[more]
For such kind of warts, several medications(like podophyllum resin, Podofilox (Condylox), Trichloroacetic and bichloroacetic acids, Imiquimod 5% cream and interferons) are available, which can be applied directly to the surface of the warts.Other treatment options include electrical cautery, surgical removal, Carbon dioxide laser treatment and electrodesiccation.

In my opinion you should talk to a cosmetologist/dermatologist about this and get these warts evaluated. Then treatment can be planned.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.