Dermatology Expert Forum
Wart Removed From Lower Lip - Scar?
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Wart Removed From Lower Lip - Scar?

My doctor referred me to a dermatologist after what appeared to be a white, dry, slightly raised spot on my lower lip. The dermatologist used a scalpel to remove it and had it biopsied. The biopsy was negative and he indicated it was a wart. It has been about 10 days since he did the biopsy and I have a crater-like indentation in my lip where he did the cutting. It seemed that he cut deeper in the center of the small circle where he removed the spot. It is almost all healed  - the skin around the edges appears a little whitish/ puffy and has a small little whitish scab in the very center of the indentation when it dries out. I am very self conscious of this on my lip and am concerned that this will now be a scar. Can you help explain how well lips heal and if I can expect the depression (again, very noticeable to me at least) to become level with the surrounding skin. It is about the size of a pencil eraser. What can I do to make it appear natural? Is it because the wart was not completely removed?

I have been applying neosporin to it regularly, which seems to recreate a white like scab in the center. You expertise is appreciated. Thanks.