Wart in Ear? Pregnancy related?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Wart in Ear? Pregnancy related?

I have seen my dermatologist 6 different times regarding some hard skin in my ear.  She did biopsies TWICE and both times it came back as a wart.  I have a hard time believe this, since I have had this hard skin in my ear once before.  It appeared during my pregnancy with my daughter, and went away within about 6 months of giving birth.  It was gone for 5 years, and then re-appeared during my pregnancy with my son.  Only this time it has not gone away.  (My son is now 3 years old.)  I swear it is somehow related to changes in my body during pregnancy, although the Drs don't put any weight on this bit of info.  But also, HOW ON EARTH does one get a wart in their ear???  I don't have warts on my hands (or anywhere else on my body) that could have spread to my ear.  Nor have I spread the wart from my ear to any other part of my body.  It doesn't look like a wart and has not responded to NUMEROUS treatments.

My dermatologist has scraped it twice and frozen it 3 times with liquid nitrogren.  After 5 attempts at treatment with that doctor, I went to a different dermatologist who prescribed Aldara (which is usually for treating genital warts) and after using this cream for 2 weeks, there is NO improvement or even any indication that the cream is doing anything to "stimulate" my body to fight off the so-called wart.  This new Dr seemed to think it looked more serious than a wart, but he reviewed the biopsy reports and concluded that it must be a wart.

Does anyone have any idea what this could be?  What I can do differently?  Any suggestions I can make to my Dr?  Any input or ideas or suggestions are appreciated.
Please, if anyone has even had a similar experience or can offer ANY info...
I just went to a minute clinic because I was having pain in my ear too. I just had a baby 4 weeks ago. They said they couldn't tell but it looks like had a wart in my ear. They said this type of thing can happen after you have a baby because  your immune system is working on other things. Anyway, they said I need to go to a dermotologist to have it removed.