Wart with hair?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Wart with hair?

On my right index finger there seems to be a wart that is growing hair. Kind of like it's own sod farm, it's insane! It's towards the knuckle on my hand and hurts a lot! It's red around it and sometimes will look cauliflower-like. I've tried otc wart removers, only afterward noticing that it said do not use on warts growing hair...I wanted to ask here first as my doctors just wants my co-pay and never answers ANY of my questions. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Warts are tumours or growths of the skin caused by infection with Human Papillomavirus (HPV).They are contagious when in contact with the skin of an infected person.

A wart is generally a small, rough tumor that can resemble a cauliflower or a solid blister.It can even have hair.
You can use over the counter products like salicylic acid tapes or solution and silver nitrate tapes.If they still persist then cryosurgery,keratolysis,surgical excision and laser treatment may be needed.Nothing has been mentioned about not using such products on warts containing hair.

Hope it helps. Take care and pls do keep me posted if you have any additional queries.

Hi there!

Thank you for the information! I have tried many over-the-counter products such as the salicylic acid and while I used them anyway, the packages actually state not to use on warts with hair. It seemed to make it worse and it still hurts quite a bit. I'm still unable to visit my doctor, but for now I'm just keeping it clean and putting rubbing alcohol on it with a band aid, which has made it go down a little.

Hopefully it will go away soon!

Thanks so much for your help!