Dermatology Expert Forum
Warts, folliculitis, blocked gland on penis and anus

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

I'm quite confused about what to do. About 2 months ago I noticed a couple small, whitish flat bumps near my anus. I went to the doctor at a walk-in clinic who looked and said it was folliculitis or a blocked gland and wrote me a script for antibiotic and said I should put hydrocortizone on it. About the same time I noticed something that appeared to be a very tiny growth, looked like a white head about an inch down from the head of my penis on the shaft, on the rouch circumsized skin. I went to another doctor and showed this to him and he said it might be a papule or might be the very begninnings of a wart. He should I should apply topical hand wart treatment to the spot on my penis (ouch).
I went to another doctor (another opinion) and she said she couldn't see anything "out of the ordinary" on my anus and that the bump on my penis was nothing. I still wasn't satisfied so I went to a 3rd doctor, and had him look at the spot on my penis, he said he was fairly sure the spot on my penis wasn't anything but a blocked pore or gland, and that I should leave it alone. It appears like a very small tag with a little round bump on top, and feels kinda hard. He said it should heal up in a couple weeks.

That was 2 weeks ago, and it is still there. Not only that, the bumps on my anus are there also. My ex girlfriend who I haven't seen in a year, told me she was just treated for a genital wart. We used protection every time we had sex.

I've seen so many health professionals, and I want to drop this, but I get sightly different information. What should I do?
The fact that your girlfriend was treated for a wart doesn't help much.  Even if she had one, it doesn't mean you did or do.  

Of course, I can't say with any certainty what you have, but these sound like blocked follicles and not warts.  

I lost count of the doctors you saw (you said "3rd" but I counted 4.  In  any case, two of them at least thought these weren't warts, and I think they're probably right.  I think you can rely on heir opinion, unless you want to try one more look, perhaps by an expert like a dermatologist pr STD specialist.

Take care.

Dr. Rockoff
Sounds like you're a bit paranoid..
I am curious though..
You look up genital warts online and it's like all these ridiculous pictures of NASTY NASTY warts that look like they're turned cancerous or been growing on a prostitute for 20 years hahaha....well how do they start off what do they lok like when they start off?
how long does it take for them to grow?
do they grow fast? do they start off very tiny and very hard and white? and not connected?
Thanks for your advice Dr. Rockoff. I went to a dermatologist this morning and finally received my piece of mind. They definetly aren't warts, simply blocked follicles.
Thanks again