Dermatology Expert Forum
Warts-Like Growth on Penis

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Warts-Like Growth on Penis

Dear Doctor:

I have got many tiny warts-like growth on my penis, around the glans (glands) penis and extending to the skin folds linking the foreskin. They are generally very small, size of a needle head, slight paler than the skin. The ones along the skin folds are slight larger. There are lots of them, forming rows. I first discovered them 10 years ago and there were only a few. But now they have colonised the whole area and are expanding. And it feels itchy recently. Could you tell me whether I need to see a specialist?

They sound like normal anatomical variants.  Their official name is, "pearly penile papules," which is a little silly but descriptive.  They come in rows along the point where the shaft meets the head of the penis.

I suggest you show your doctor when you go, just for reassurance.  No treatment is needed.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
A while ago a boyfriend had something like that. We had a book by James Green, bought in the health food store. I think it was called Men's Health, or something like that. It tells to mix apple cider vinegar, the good stuff, like Hain's, half and half with water I think it was. Soak the area in this. John's was at the base of his penis, a hard to soak place. <g> If they turn whitish, they are of the human wart variety. We mixed up the essential oils, substituting tea tree for cajeput, and put in lemon and one other I think. He dabbed it on with a cotton ball for about 7 days I think it was. They went away. He said they reappeared some time later. He dabbed the eo mix on again and it fell off. They've never been back. Get the book, read up on it. Try it.
A related discussion, warts around the penis was started.