Warts at the top of my belly button, are these genital warts? please he...

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Warts at the top of my belly button, are these genital warts? please help

Hi around mid March 08 I noticed a red spot above my belly button, it has grew into what looks like a wart, light pinkish in colour, around the same time I noticed another smaller of the same description also above my belly button. These have now both grown and I have spotted what looks like two more growing, these are both above the belly button by an inch and to right by at least an inch and a half. I have had two one night stands, one in october 07 and one in December 07, could these be genital warts?? I have nothing on penis or around that area? so im unsure and very worried about it all, please could you help me? Thankyou verymuch its realy appreciated!

This discussion is related to Warts??.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? Genital warts is a highly contagious sexually transmitted infection caused by some sub-types of human papillomavirus (HPV). It is spread through direct skin-to-skin contact which often occur in clusters and can be very tiny or can spread into large masses in the genital or penis area. When present, they usually are seen on the tip of the penisor on the shaft, on the scrotum, or around the anus. Genital warts may disappear without treatment, but sometimes eventually develop a fleshy, small raised growth. There is no way to predict whether they will grow or disappear.

In your case, this is not the typical area genital warts are seen. It is always good to see a dermatologist for proper evaluation of this spot and diagnosis. This link may be of help: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genital_wart
Take care and keep us posted.