Warts on inside of knuckles/joints on fingers?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

I'm not even sure if it's possible the get warts there. They are red and rough and sensitive, but because they're in a spot that is constantly flexing they haven't formed the white cap characteristic of warts. I just think it's a little suspicious that all of them (I have three now I think) are on the inner joints of my fingers. Could they be something else? Just curious.
It can be due to myxoid cysts, digital mucoid cysts or small warts. Warts are tumours or growths of the skin caused by infection with Human Papillomavirus (HPV).They are contagious when in contact with the skin of an infected person. It is also possible to get warts from using towels or other objects used by an infected person.

Exactly what it is can be confirmed only after examination and biopsy. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.