Was I Misdiagnosed?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Was I Misdiagnosed?

I am a 28 year old male, with a circumcised penis.

So my story begins in January of 2012.  
I had unprotected sex and her vagina didn't seem 'right' with me.  It felt kind of scaly and scabby.  I didn't think too much of it, cause she was being treated for a yeast infection (I didn't think men could get such a thing, >.>).  Within the month, I developed a small bubble on the glands of my penis.  It passed in a day.  I didn't think anything of it, other than it was from the friction.

Fast forward to August 2012 and November 2012.  I had two weddings where I rented a tux. (March 2013 diagnosis is why i'm referring to this)

Come February 2013, I woke up one morning with a rash on the head of my penis that was a light pink.  Over the month, the area where my foreskin is started getting sore and the head (where the rash was) was getting kind of shiny.

In early March 2013 I got referred to the dermatologist where he took a blood, urine, and a skin scrapping of the area.  He said, "whatever you have, it looks like it's on it's way out."  He threatened with things like herpes, HIV, etc.  When he called me back with the results, he diagnosed me with Scabies and prescribed Permethrin.  2-3 weeks later it was pretty cleared up.  

The summer of 2013 I had a little flare up that lasted about a week.

Now, November 2013, I have the rash in two areas, where the accordion-like skin is (just below the head) and further down the shaft of my penis.  Thinking this was a scabies flare-up i tried the Borax and 1% Hydrogen Peroxide treatment.  The first day of this treatment, the rash closest to the head of my penis tore open leaving a crater in my skin.  The other area seemed unaffected.  Over the past 2 weeks I've stayed with this treatment and it seems to be clearing up.  The skin is kind of scaly and sore (where it tore open).  Both areas have a "crack" or "split" in the middle of the rash.

However, I don't believe what I have is scabies.  From all the research that I've done, I've found that scabies spreads to other areas of the body (mine is isolated to my penis), I don't itch (scabies itches like crazy apparently), and EVERYONE in your household gets it (No one else has it).

What I believe that i have is balanitis.  Thinking back to when I first started getting this rash, i was spitting on my hands for lubrication for masturbation.  I was using oils / hand lotions as well.  For work, i tend to wear the same unwashed clothing a lot and work in really dirty conditions (I do home remodeling).  My skin gets really dry and itchy from showering / hand washing - to the point my eyes can close from the itch.  If I don't moisturize my skin it become flaky.

Despite the rashes clearing, I am set to see my dermatologist.  But I fear my argument for balanitis  is not going to sit because of the tests I had done.  Any thoughts or insight would be very helpful!
It can be due to balanitis or STD’s like herpes and syphilis. I suggest you to get the sore cultured to confirm the diagnosis. Balanitis is an inflammation of the glans (glands) (the rounded head) of the penis and may be related to yeast infection or poor hygiene. What you need to do is consult a dermatologist and get a KOH examination of the skin scrapings of the penis and a biopsy of small skin sample done if the symptoms persist. KOH examination of the area will clarify whether it is balanitis due to fungal infection or not.
Also use water based lubricants during sex.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.