Water Rash
When my body is in contact with water I develop a non-itchy, non raised blotchy red rash. If I take a shower, bath (either hot or cold) or go swimming the rash will appear after approximately 15 minutes. The main areas affected are the upper half of my back and shoulders plus arms down to my elbows. I sometimes get small rash marks on my chest as well. No other areas are affected. The rash lasts for about 15 minutes but seems more severe from swimming whereby the rash will be more intense and last longer, up to half an hour. I am thinking it may be an allergy to chlorine or a fungal condition!
The reason I think it could be fungal is the following: About 10 years ago when in New Zealand whilst sunbathing I developed white patches or non tanned areas to the same parts of my body that are affected now from contact with water. Any advice would be appreciated as I can not find any information on this anywhere!!