Waves on fingernails?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Waves on fingernails?

I hope I am in the right forum!? I have horizontal waves on my finger nails. They are not that deep but my nails aren't smooth. Does anyone know what the cause of that might be?? Most of my nails have them my thumbs have them the most? Thanks!! Peace Out!!
By waves do you mean horizontal indentations?  I'm not sure if I'm right about this, but it might be iron deficiency(again, I'm not sure).   Type in your symptoms on the internet and see what it says - and of course, see a doctor and see what he thinks.   Maybe he'll run some bloodwork for you.  Good luck finding answers.
Yes I do mean horizontal indentations. Thanks for the help!! [Peace Out!!
A dent across the nail usually means some form or disruption of the nail growth area. It can also be due to Beau's lines that appear when growth at the area under your cuticle is interrupted. Third possibility is of psoriasis. The inflammatory skin condition, it shows up as red, scaly patches on the skin and can also affect the skin cells in the nails.

I sincerely advise you to consult a dermatologist as treatment modalities for all are different and so a confirmatory diagnosis has to be made first. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing